Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find command AIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find command AIX Post 302524954 by zaxxon on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 07:29:36 AM
Old 05-25-2011
Problem is, that the * will be evaluated by the shell 1st and so will have more than the allowed number of parameters.

You can try:
Code:
find /log_directory \( -type d -a ! -name log_directory \) -prune -o -xdev -type f -mtime +20 -print | xargs ls -l

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use -prune with find command on AIX

I am trying to get a list of top level directories below the search path but I don't want to descend subdirectories. The find command listed below returns me the list I want but it also returns subdirectories. I can't seem to get the -prune option to work the way I want. How would I modify the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FuzzySlippers
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX find command using prune option

Hi, I am trying to find some files in a directory and then remove/list them if they are 30 days old. I also have 2 directories in that directory which I need to skip. Can someone please tell me what is the correct syntax? find /developer/. -name "lost+found" "projects" -prune -o -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to find the log for executed command in IBM AIX?

In Unix If we executed any command where will generate the particluar log related to command in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX: How to find down who enter a command?

Hi I'm working on AIX. My question: for example, I'm logging in. I enter command "last" and then I know there are 3 people logging in from 3 different IP at the same time, 2 are in the same account. Then someone enters a command. Is there any way to know exactly who ( which IP ) enters... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
9 Replies

5. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - find command with mtime

Hello experts, I would get from a list of files, which are more ancient than 1 hour. Examples: Current date: Wed Oct 28 16:10:02 SAT 2015 using: find path -name 'file_name. *' -mtime +0 I see files with less at 00:00:00 date of the current day. /path/file_name.20151027170725... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlino70
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Prune Option for Find Command on AIX

I need to delete all files from the working directory and its sub directories using the find command, for that I am using -prune option but some how I am having a syntax issue. I have tried the below, please help me correct the syntax find . -name \* -type f -exec rm -f {} \; >> Works but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command does not work on AIX 6.1

I have AiX system version 6.1 I wish the below find command to work on AiX system ksh shell and give similar output as this works fine on RedHat Linux centos 7. find /app/logs/fname1.out -printf "%M %u %TY-%Tm-%Td %TH:%TM %h/%f $(cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1)\n" Output: -rw-r--r--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
FIND2PERL(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FIND2PERL(1)

NAME
find2perl - translate find command lines to Perl code SYNOPSIS
find2perl [paths] [predicates] | perl DESCRIPTION
find2perl is a little translator to convert find command lines to equivalent Perl code. The resulting code is typically faster than running find itself. "paths" are a set of paths where find2perl will start its searches and "predicates" are taken from the following list. "! PREDICATE" Negate the sense of the following predicate. The "!" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "( PREDICATES )" Group the given PREDICATES. The parentheses must be passed as distinct arguments, so they may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "PREDICATE1 PREDICATE2" True if _both_ PREDICATE1 and PREDICATE2 are true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is false. "PREDICATE1 -o PREDICATE2" True if either one of PREDICATE1 or PREDICATE2 is true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is true. "-follow" Follow (dereference) symlinks. The checking of file attributes depends on the position of the "-follow" option. If it precedes the file check option, an "stat" is done which means the file check applies to the file the symbolic link is pointing to. If "-follow" option follows the file check option, this now applies to the symbolic link itself, i.e. an "lstat" is done. "-depth" Change directory traversal algorithm from breadth-first to depth-first. "-prune" Do not descend into the directory currently matched. "-xdev" Do not traverse mount points (prunes search at mount-point directories). "-name GLOB" File name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. GLOB may need to be quoted to avoid interpretation by the shell (just as with using find(1)). "-iname GLOB" Like "-name", but the match is case insensitive. "-path GLOB" Path name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. "-ipath GLOB" Like "-path", but the match is case insensitive. "-perm PERM" Low-order 9 bits of permission match octal value PERM. "-perm -PERM" The bits specified in PERM are all set in file's permissions. "-type X" The file's type matches perl's "-X" operator. "-fstype TYPE" Filesystem of current path is of type TYPE (only NFS/non-NFS distinction is implemented). "-user USER" True if USER is owner of file. "-group GROUP" True if file's group is GROUP. "-nouser" True if file's owner is not in password database. "-nogroup" True if file's group is not in group database. "-inum INUM" True file's inode number is INUM. "-links N" True if (hard) link count of file matches N (see below). "-size N" True if file's size matches N (see below) N is normally counted in 512-byte blocks, but a suffix of "c" specifies that size should be counted in characters (bytes) and a suffix of "k" specifies that size should be counted in 1024-byte blocks. "-atime N" True if last-access time of file matches N (measured in days) (see below). "-ctime N" True if last-changed time of file's inode matches N (measured in days, see below). "-mtime N" True if last-modified time of file matches N (measured in days, see below). "-newer FILE" True if last-modified time of file matches N. "-print" Print out path of file (always true). If none of "-exec", "-ls", "-print0", or "-ok" is specified, then "-print" will be added implicitly. "-print0" Like -print, but terminates with instead of . "-exec OPTIONS ;" exec() the arguments in OPTIONS in a subprocess; any occurrence of {} in OPTIONS will first be substituted with the path of the current file. Note that the command "rm" has been special-cased to use perl's unlink() function instead (as an optimization). The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-ok OPTIONS ;" Like -exec, but first prompts user; if user's response does not begin with a y, skip the exec. The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-eval EXPR" Has the perl script eval() the EXPR. "-ls" Simulates "-exec ls -dils {} ;" "-tar FILE" Adds current output to tar-format FILE. "-cpio FILE" Adds current output to old-style cpio-format FILE. "-ncpio FILE" Adds current output to "new"-style cpio-format FILE. Predicates which take a numeric argument N can come in three forms: * N is prefixed with a +: match values greater than N * N is prefixed with a -: match values less than N * N is not prefixed with either + or -: match only values equal to N SEE ALSO
find, File::Find. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 FIND2PERL(1)