Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable bash
Operating Systems AIX disable bash Post 302524952 by ygemici on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 07:25:28 AM
Old 05-25-2011
for ex our user is test.

add a group which named bashxx
Code:
# groupadd bashxx

and add user to group
Code:
# usermod -G bashxx,test test

and mount with acl
Code:
# mount -o remount -o defaults,acl  /

and be sure that there is not perm on bash
Code:
# setfacl -m g:bashxx:0 `which bash`

and they must not dowload any source file about bash
Code:
# su - test
$ bash
-ksh: bash: cannot execute [Permission denied]

after that for another users same process goes on..
Code:
# usermod -G bashxx,test2 test2

and then again for another users...

of course they should not dowload any source file about bash Smilie

regards
ygemici
This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable X

Im sure this is somthing easy to do but i just can not figure it out where and how would i take X out of the boot for hp ux 11 i looked in the man's and nothing so maybe sombody could throw me a bone... thanks BB (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

disable messages

hi.. I want to disable the messages that comes when USB device is inserted. I tried to do 2> /dev/null... again messages are coming to the screen.. Please help.. esham (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable su

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to disable su kindly help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable SU right

Anyone know how to disable SU right for a particular user in Solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer always disable itself

Hi, I am using solaris 10, 1 of the printers encounter some issue and it is always disable itself and dont know why? any idea how to make it auto enable back to normal? is there any configuration or scripts?? kindly advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Tilde Expansion within Bash Scripts?

Does anyone know of a reliable method to disable tilde expansion while a script is running and then re-enable it when the script is done? I often have to work with files that have sections like this in them: 555 ~~~~~~~~~~ AN:AutoAttendant~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9195551212 ~~~~~ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Linux

Printer is getting disable...

Dear expert, I have configured the printer on my linux server, Daily its getting disable and user cannot access the printer. Request you to please help me on this, Attached the screen shot. Thank you, Faiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script unable to disable expected output

I'm trying to understand why a script behaves different when run through a pipe. My OS: Linux myip 3.13.0-92-generic #139-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 20:42:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux This script (myscript.sh): #!/bin/bash echo whoami: whoami echo who: who echo who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)