Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to nodetype as "ELEMENT_NODE" using xml::libxml in perl? Post 302524890 by vanitham on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 03:13:33 AM
Old 05-25-2011
How to nodetype as "ELEMENT_NODE" using xml::libxml in perl?

Hi,

I am using xml::libxml.

Here is the code.
Code:
my $parser = XML::LibXML->new();
my $xmldoc = $parser->parse_file ("file.xml") || die("Could not parse config xml file\n");
my $root = $xmldoc->getDocumentElement()|| die("Could not get Document Element \n");
$id="121313131"; # For example
proceed($root,$id);
sub proceed {
my($node,$id)= @_;
#$node->nodeType is returning "1"
if ($node->nodeType == ELEMENT_NODE) 
	{
		print "\n -----------------\n";
		#get all the child nodes
	}

}

My question is the control is not entering in if loop.

How to get the ELEMENT_NODE and check for the condition weather is it ELEMENT_NODE or node and get all the children in perl only?

Code:
#cat file.xml
<JUNKS>
	<JUNK>
		<NAME>AAA</NAME>
		<AGE>12</AGE>
	<JUNK>
		<ADDR>Q1WQW</ADDR>
		<NUM>1212</NUM>
	</JUNK>
  </JUNK>
</JUNKS>

Output:
<JUNKS>
	<JUNK>
	 <NAME>AAA</NAME>
	 <AGE>12</AGE>
	 <ADDR>Q1WQW</ADDR>
	 <NUM>1212</NUM>
</JUNK>
</JUNKS>

This is just a sample file.

How can i get ELEMENT_NODE and all its children using xml::libxml in perl?

Regards
Vanitha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl folder list with "..", without ".".

Hi Everyone, if my folder "foldera" inside has one file. so if i do if ($df =~ /^\./) { next; } then i will get ### filea ### if i want to have ### .. filea ### means also display the parent .., how should i modify the perl ~// in my code? Thanks ---------- Post updated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl failure with "main::$fn" used only once:" in error logs

Hi all, Can anyone guess why this is happening? I am new to Perl, so please help me to fix this error: - I have a static html file which calls the cgi-perl script. HTML Code: <html> <head> <title> Hey Dude! </title> </head> <body> <form method="POST"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
STAG-FILTER(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   STAG-FILTER(1p)

NAME
stag-filter - filters a stag file (xml, itext, sxpr) for nodes of interest SYNOPSIS
stag-filter person -q name=fred file1.xml stag-filter person 'sub {shift->get_name =~ /^A*/}' file1.xml stag-filter -p My::Foo -w sxpr record 'sub{..}' file2 USAGE
stag-filter [-p|parser PARSER] [-w|writer WRITER] NODE -q tag=val FILE stag-filter [-p|parser PARSER] [-w|writer WRITER] NODE SUB FILE stag-filter [-p|parser PARSER] [-w|writer WRITER] NODE -f PERLFILE FILE DESCRIPTION
parsers an input file using the specified parser (which may be a built in stag parser, such as xml) and filters the resulting stag tree according to a user-supplied subroutine, writing out only the nodes/elements that pass the test. the parser is event based, so it should be able to handle large files (although if the node you parse is large, it will take up more memory) ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module xml assumed as default -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module -c|count prints the number of nodes that pass the test -filterfile|f a file containing a perl subroutine (in place of the SUB argument) -q|query TAG1=VAL1 -q|query TAG2=VAL2 ... -q|query TAGN=VALN filters based on the field TAG other operators can be used too - eg <, <=, etc multiple q arguments can be passed in for more complex operations, pass in your own subroutine, see below SUB a perl subroutine. this subroutine is evaluated evry time NODE is encountered - the stag object for NODE is passed into the subroutine. if the subroutine passes, the node will be passed to the writer for display NODE the name of the node/element we are filtering on FILE the file to be parser. If no parser option is supplied, this is assumed to a be a stag compatible syntax (xml, sxpr or itext); otherwise you should parse in a parser name or a parser module that throws stag events SEE ALSO
Data::Stag perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-FILTER(1p)