Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris question about restoration from backup tape (solaris 10) Post 302524878 by Sun Fire on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 01:48:59 AM
Old 05-25-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ningy
any specific reason for going single user??
Whenever I try to restore a root file system on multi-user mode, I get links error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

linux backup to solaris tape drive

All, Has anybody ever got a Linux server to backup to a remote Solaris tape drive using the dump command and rsh? I can remtoely backup two Solaris server this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem With Tape Backup in Solaris

Hi, OS: Solaris9, SPARC. Commands (and their outputs) that I use to backup two files of size 4GB and 10GB (respectively) are shown below: # cd /backup/daily/ # mt -f /dev/rmt/0m rew # tar -cvf /dev/rmt/0m * a Mails.bkf 4680454 tape blocks a backup.bkf too large to archive # The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 7 newbie tape backup question

Hello all, I have an ss20 running Solaris 7, with an attached 4mm tape drive. The machine has one 1.2GB SCSI HDD. I would like to backup other machines to tape, but I can't do a stopover on the ss20s hard disk, as there is virtually no space available. Is there a way I can make the tape... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolok
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help help] backup script for tape on solaris

hi all, very urgent need backup script on tape using solaris 8, my tape drive is DAT 72 on sun v240. i need a simple script to backup files from directory /data/log/back/200703/filename.log. the files will backup continue each day on the tape which have 72 GB. the files size only 50MB and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup disk to disk to tape question

Hi all I had started to learn how to backup disk to disk to tape method Firstly I had backup to my NAS tar czvf /MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar /home Secondly I using dd command to copy the tar to tape dd if=/MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar of=/dev/tape0 But the tape drive always hang.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySQL Restoration Backup Script

Hi there, Alright I have this line that I'm working with (bash programming): mysql -u username -pHASH ${args} < /home/site/backups/site.${args}.sql I get this error on that line: ./restore.sh: line 51: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ./restore.sh: line 51: `mysql -u... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandoula
5 Replies

10. AIX

CPIO restoration from LTO2 tape media on AIX 4.3.3

Hi, AIXers :) Recently i'm playing around with cpio command, when i try to list out content from LTO2 Tape media using command: #cpio -itvc < /dev/rmt1 it's stopped at particular path 100777 root 1042591 Mar 24 10:09:05 2012 /home/uv/bin/usd and there was an error thrown out: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
2 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)