Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Network 10Mb/s half duplex only. r8168 on Centos 5. Post 302524723 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 10:08:00 AM
Old 05-24-2011
What did you change before it started doing this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is my network card 100 full duplex

Hi there, This is probably a stupid dummy question... But that also why I post it here! Is there a linux debian native command that tells me if my network card is set to 100 Full Duplex? I have access to a linux debian machine over ssh but have no physical access to it. I'm root but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How can I monitor network in CentOS .5.5 , my application refuse to read sockets

Hi I have wired problem with one of my applications (servers ) , its suddenly starts to read socket and before it written back , the connection is closed this is what I see in my logs . is there any took in Linux centos that lets me see what is happening in this time frame ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. AIX

Connected and Running with half duplex speed

VIO Server connected to switch port and running with half duplex speed on one of the shared ethernet adapter. We have verified at switch end and everythings looks good. Other ethernet adapter in the VIO server are connected and running in Full duplex speed. Please help me find why this shared... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update

I attempted to update Python on my CentOS 5.6 VM and have encountered some issues after then. Initially yum wouldn't work, but I have resolved that. However, now I am unable to access the Network Configuration section under setup. When I do select this option I see this at the command line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network Teaming not working in RHEL/CentOS 7

I was testing Networking Teaming (activebackup) with a VM hosted on VmWare Workstation and VirtualBox, and the result is, if the active interface is down, the system is not using the backup interface. Tested on both CentOS / RHEL 7 Please find below the command I have used to configure teaming.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Centos 7 Network Manager overwriting resolv.conf

Hi all, I need to add domain and search parameters to resolv.conf, however network manager overwrites. Setting the PEERDNS=No in the interface file seems to have no effect on this behaviour. Sadly I cannot just disable NM as these are not my hosts, I'm just attempting to install a platform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skrynesaver
3 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
started - event signalling that a job is running SYNOPSIS
started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The started event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for sin- gle-instance jobs. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use: start on started postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 started(7)