Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GNU make doesn't pick up changes Post 302524653 by KenJackson on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 06:49:19 AM
Old 05-24-2011
I think it's that the target doesn't depend on the headers. So adding them:
Code:
program: $(OBJS) $(HDR)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with gnu make

I am running a make file through the gnu make tool and i am getting the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ make -f GNUmakefile queue_c make -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples make: Entering directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the difference between PMake and GNU Make?

My system is ubuntu, can I use PMake ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
0 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my make doesn't work

hi I wrote the following makefile, I have just one problem, when i type make clean I get the message make 'clean' is up to date and any obj file is removed from my folder, what's wrong? Thank you CC = cc all: es.o elaboration.o $(CC) -o es es.o elaboration.o elaboration.o:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a for loop that doesn't make sense

I've been referring bash info for processes and came across a structure for a process which is defined like typedef struct process { struct process *next; char ** argv . . . }process; What I don't understand is that in the program there's a for loop which goes like this job... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
2 Replies

6. Programming

Detecting host OS in Gnu make

Is this possible? Right now I'm developing some code for Linux, Windows and OS X. To build on each of the systems I've currently got separate build targets for each platform. Ideally I'd like to set up a single make rule that can detect the appropriate target and build it. I know this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G_Morgan
2 Replies

7. SCO

GNU cpp and make on SCO

Installed GNU make and the GNU C/C++ compiler on SCO Openserver 5.0.7 recently. Only a normal user is able to run make and compile programs - root is not able to. Under root, make do run, but root can't access the compiler at all, even tho I set root's path to point to the compiler.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Librarian
0 Replies

8. AIX

Not picking up the GNU version of make

Hi team, I am new to unix,and need your advice on the below. I am using aix5.3 and have installed make-3.82 on the server. I need to use gmake for configuring and installing a package ,but it is giving error at the below root@sapsrp:/usr/tmp/xymon-4.3.2 # ./configure.server ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonal kumar
7 Replies
AIMK(1PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4							AIMK(1PVM)

NAME
aimk - Portable make wrapper script SYNOPSIS
aimk [ -here ] [ make arguments ] DESCRIPTION
aimk is a wrapper program for make, used to portably select options to build PVM and PVM applications on various machines. Each port of PVM is assigned an architecture name. The name is used both during compilation (to conditionally switch in code) and at runtime (to select an executable or host). aimk uses the value of environment variable $PVM_ARCH if it is set, otherwise it calls $PVM_ROOT/pvmgetarch to determine the architecture name. pvmgetarch is a script that sniffs at various parts of the system to determine the correct architecture name. It is updated as new PVM ports are defined, and can be augmented locally. aimk determines the machine architecture and execs make, passing it the architecture and a configuration file along with arguments supplied to aimk. It runs make in a subdirectory to prevent executables from becoming intermixed and to permit overlapping compiles. A different makefile can be placed in each subdirectory or a single makefile, Makefile.aimk, can be shared between architectures. Per-architecture definitions from the $PVM_ROOT/conf directory are appended to the common makefile. aimk calls make is called in one of three ways, depend- ing on what makefiles are present: i. If $PVM_ARCH/Makefile or $PVM_ARCH/makefile exists, change directory to $PVM_ARCH and exec make there: (cd $PVM_ARCH ; make PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args >) ii. Else if Makefile.aimk exists, create $PVM_ARCH directory if it doesn't exist, then: (cd $PVM_ARCH ; make -f $PVM_ROOT/conf/$PVM_ARCH.def -f ../Makefile.aimk PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args >) iii. Else just exec make in current directory: make PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args > If aimk succeeds in calling make, the exit status is that of make, otherwise it is 1. FLAGS
-here Forces aimk to run make in the current directory, e.g. converts case i. to case iii. EXAMPLES
The following Makefile.aimk file builds and installs hello, creating the PVM binary directory if it doesn't exist. It can be run concur- rently on machines of different types, sharing the same source directory. LDIR = -L$(PVM_ROOT)/lib/$(PVM_ARCH) PVMLIB = -lpvm3 SDIR = .. BDIR = $(HOME)/pvm3/bin XDIR = $(BDIR)/$(PVM_ARCH) CFLAGS = -g -I$(PVM_ROOT)/include LIBS = $(LDIR) $(PVMLIB) $(ARCHLIB) $(XDIR): - mkdir $(BDIR) $(XDIR) hello: $(SDIR)/hello.c $(XDIR) $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $(SDIR)/$@.c $(LIBS) mv $@ $(XDIR) ENVIRONMENT
$PVM_ROOT Root path of PVM installation. $PVM_ARCH PVM architecture name for machine. FILES
$PVM_ROOT/lib/aimk The aimk program $PVM_ROOT/conf/$PVM_ARCH.def Arch config file SEE ALSO
pvm_intro(1PVM) 02 May, 1994 AIMK(1PVM)