Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete line with conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete line with conditions Post 302524647 by anil8103 on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 06:29:30 AM
Old 05-24-2011
thats fine,, on the result delete the first line that starts with "[" and not the second line.

---------- Post updated at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:55 PM ----------

Input file

[abc:/def/ghi/jkl/mno]
ssenthil = rw
[abc:/def/ghi/jkl/mno/xyz]
anilkg = rw

[abc:/def/ghi/jkl/mno/pqr]
@group1 = rw
anilkg = rw
ssenthil = rw
@group1 = rw
ssenthil = rw

output

[abc:/def/ghi/jkl/mno]
ssenthil = rw
@group1 = rw
ssenthil = rw
@group1 = rw
ssenthil = rw

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating conditions for making a new line?

Basically I want to change this: a:b c:d:e f:g h:i:j k:l into a:b c d:e f:g h i:j k:l so like if there is two :'s in one line making the first into a new line. If anyone knows how to do this I would be very appreciative! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audra
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Grep to delete line containing patter plus extra line

I'm new to using sed and grep commands, but have found them extremely useful. However I am having a hard time figuring this one out: Delete every line containing the word CEN and the next line as well. ie. test.txt blue 324 CEN green red blue 324 CEN green red blue to produce:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocketman88
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line with two conditions

Hi there, I wanna define a variable 'tempbase'. Therefore I read a text file "base.out". "base.out" contains a list with four columns. 'tempbase' is the 4th entry in the line, where the first entry is equal to the predefined variable $orb1 and the second entry is equal to $orb2. I wrote the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - delete content inside square brackets under conditions

I have the file sed1.txt and I need to strip the brackets (]) and content inside them only when I have two or three letters followed by a colon. for example,it may be any letter, not just abc ] ] #-- cat sed1.txt 1 ] FISICA 2 ]PORTUGUES 3 ] ]MATEMATICA 4 ]]INGLES ] 5 ]QUIMICA 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rows with conditions

Hi everyone, I will appreciate a lot if anyone can help me about a simple issue. I have a data file, and I need to remove some rows with a given condition. So here is a part of my data file: 5,14,1,3,3,0,0,-0.29977188269E+01 5,16,1,4,4,0,0,0.30394279900E+02... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete one regular pattern with conditions

Hi All , I am having a file like this INPUT FILE ############################### addfd_mjlala kksks sksks ks annsns_bbox_2 (sksksk ksks ) adnndn_nsns_bbox_3 (( jsjsdj sjsj ) malm_dkdm lsls lsl mdndk_mkmd_dkd_bbox_4_kdkd ksksk skksk_bbox_jsj_KSK ((jsjsj jsjsj )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies

10. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)