Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to do udp broadcast with multithreading Post 302524502 by Loic Domaigne on Monday 23rd of May 2011 01:20:09 PM
Old 05-23-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moti12
i just want an multithreaded multiclient server for UDP broadcast. will u plz refer me some good links or any other help
I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve:
- you have an UDP server ?
- this server should serve multiple UDP clients ?
- you want to use thread (e.g. one thread per client) ?
- what is meant with "UDP broadcast" ?

Loïc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multithreading in Pro*C

:confused: Hi! I have created a Multhreaded Application in Pro*C (using pthreads) with about 5 Threads running simultaneously. The Application is basically to Update a Centralized Table in Oracle, which updates different rows in the Table (Each Thread updates different rows!). The... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaik786
16 Replies

2. Programming

multithreading on OSX

Hi all, I have a query about multithreading. What I would like to do is, at the start of my main update() function, start a couple of threads in parallel, once they are all complete carry on with my main update function. void update() { thread1->update(); // fluid solver ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memoid
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

multithreading in UNIX

Hi, Can you please give me a suitable reference to learn multithreading programming in C in UNIX? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why UDP broadcast don't run?

I use FreeBSD7.0, I want to use UDP broadcast,my code is following: /*udpcli01.c*/ int main(int argc, char **argv) { int sockfd; struct sockaddr_in servaddr; if (argc != 2) err_quit("usage: udpcli <IPaddress>"); bzero(&servaddr, sizeof(servaddr)); servaddr.sin_family = AF_INET;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading program

Hi I need to insert 1million records into MySQL database, but it is taking lot of time as there is no bulk insert support. I want to spawn 10 processes which will insert 100k records each parallely. Can somebody help me with a example program to execute this task through shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach_roger
5 Replies

6. Programming

MultiThreading using Pthreads

Situation: i have multiple pthread_create calls like this: pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc1,.....); pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc2,.....); . . which i am using to create multiple threads.All the "ThreadFunc<i>" functions are actually calling same function "Receive" of a class using same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sastra
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nc won't send udp broadcast!?

Greetings, I want to send broadcast udp from a script. This works but is not broadcast: echo -n "this is my message\r\n" | nc -u 192.168.0.12 5100 The broadcast version does not work: echo -n "this is my message\r\n" | nc -u 192.168.0.255 5100 Suggestions on the right way to do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anotherstevest
2 Replies

9. Programming

Help with multithreading

I take this question of the The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and Unix System Programming page 652 exercise 30.1 I want someone to explain the under line statement because it sounds complex to me couldn't understand anything 30-1 Modify the program (thread_incr.c) so that each loop in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
3 Replies
burgerspace-server(6)													     burgerspace-server(6)

NAME
burgerspace-server - UDP server for the networked version of BurgerSpace SYNOPSIS
burgerspace-server DESCRIPTION
burgerspace-server is a server that accepts connections from BurgerSpace clients to allow two players to compete with each other. One player controls the chef and the other controls the egg. Other clients can connect as spectators. burgerspace-server should be started in a terminal. To terminate it, give the Ctrl-C sequence or use the kill(1) command with the server's process ID as the argument. The connections use the UDP protocol. The --port option can be used to specify a non-default listening port (see below). After the server has started, the user who wants to control the chef must start the client with this command: burgerspace --server=the.server.hostname.com --chef Use the appropriate hostname or IP address as the argument for --server. The user who wants to control the egg must give the --enemy option instead of --chef. The --port option can be added to the burgerspace command-line to specify the server port, if the server was started with a non-default UDP listening port. OPTIONS
--help display a help page and exit --version display version information and exit --initial-level=N start game at level N. Default is 1. N must be at least 1. --port=PORT UDP port number on which the server must listen for incoming clients. The default is 49152. LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty. AUTHORS
Pierre Sarrazin (code) Luce St-Amand (most images) FILES
This program uses the flatzebra library, by the same author. This library is itself based on the SDL graphics library (see http://www.lib- sdl.org). See the BurgerSpace Home Page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/burgerspace.html BUGS
Performance has not been tested thoroughly. Users who want to play the stable stand-alone game should use version 1.8.3. SEE ALSO
burgerspace(6) May 16th, 2010 burgerspace-server(6)