Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy" Post 302524498 by Perderabo on Monday 23rd of May 2011 01:14:55 PM
Old 05-23-2011
Post the results of "uname -a" so we know what OS you're using.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device or resource busy??

Hi, I'm trying to do a sharity mount to mount a terastation network drive. I'm getting a Device or resource busy message after my mount command. Please see output below... # /usr/local/sharity3/bin/sharity mount smb://labbackup01/bakup_data /mnt/labbackup01 Device or resource busy.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin /dev/ttyS2: Device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

/dev/ttyS2 device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin error device or resource busy

Hello!!! My problem is: i'm trying to send At commands from Pc to mobile phone using bluetooth and cygwin and i would like to read the device's answers on the shell bash. And so, i open two terminals in this way: xterm & In the first i write: cat /dev/ttyS2 because the device is... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

5. Hardware

/dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy

hello to everybody I have Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 installed on my Desktop and I have a PCI serial card in my computer and it has only one serial port. Actually I want to use this serial port for the serial communication and for that I executed this command : $ setserial -g /dev/ttyS and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush011
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"tail -n 1 filename" error while "head -n 1 filename" is ok?

Hi all, I was wondering why tail -n 2 filename produce an error when I manage to do similar command on head -n 2 filename SunOS{type8code0}: tail -n 2 filename usage: tail ] tail ] (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm swapon failed Device or resource busy

Is there a trick to mounting swap in n a lvm? I can't get it to work. # swapon -va swapon on /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: found swap signature: version 1, page-size 4, same byte order swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: pagesize=4096, swapsize=4294967296,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. Solaris

"Device busy" When Reopening Serial Port

Any help much appreciated. I am a Java developer, not a Solaris adept. I'm having an issue reopening serial port with the Java app I am developing. I develop in Windows and deploy the app on Solaris 10 (Sunfire X4170 with Xeon.) On the target machine my app uses the two serial ports... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim Ryan
11 Replies

9. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

10. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies
uname(2)							System Calls Manual							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - Gets the name of the current system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname( struct utsname *name); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uname(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Points to a utsname structure. DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current system in the structure pointed to by the name parameter. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, which is defined in the sys/utsname.h file and contains the following members: char sys- name[_SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[_SYS_NMLN]; char release[_SYS_NMLN]; char version[_SYS_NMLN]; char machine[_SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current system in the sysname character array. The nodename array contains the name that the system is known by on a communications network. The release and version arrays further identify the sys- tem. The machine array identifies the CPU hardware being used. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a nonnegative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the uname() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: [Tru64 UNIX] The name parameter points outside of the process address space. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: uname(1) Standards: standards(5) delim off uname(2)