Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3 Post 302524470 by Shell_Life on Monday 23rd of May 2011 11:57:57 AM
Old 05-23-2011
See if this works for you:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
rm -f temp_file
rm -f out_file
mP1="N"
while read mLine; do
  mTag=$(echo ${mLine} | cut -c1-2)
  if [[ "${mTag}" = "P1" ]]; then
    mP1="Y"
  fi
  if [[ "${mP1}" = "Y" ]]; then
    echo ${mLine} >> temp_file
  else
    echo ${mLine} >> out_file
  fi
  if [[ "${mTag}" = "P3" ]]; then
    mStr=$(egrep '9089004' temp_file)
    if [[ "${mStr}" = "" ]]; then
      cat temp_file >> out_file
    fi
    rm -f temp_file
    mP1="N"
  fi
done < inp_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a cmd to search starting word

example - shsk mss-sdsd-asd i need a command which will search for staring word not others it should search only -shsk cat filename | grep '-' will search whole '-' in the file but i need to search only staring '-' thank u revenna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revenna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines containing a specific word in afile

Hi, Please suggest how to write a shell script which delets all the lines containing the word unix in the files supplied as argument in the shell. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha9
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and delete consecutive lines below it

Hi all coders, I need a help to process some data. I have this file, 3 09/21/08 03:32:07 started undef mino Oracle nmx004.wwdc.numonyx.co m Message Text : The Oracle session with the PID 1103 has a CPU time consuming of 999.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a specific word?

Let's say we have a file containing: alllllsadfsdasdf qwdDDDaassss ccxxcxc#2222 dssSSSSddDDDD D1Sqn2NYOHgTI Hello Alex ssS@3 Ok, and let's say we want to delete all words from D1Sqn2NYOHgTI and back, this means to delete the words (and the lines of them) : alllllsadfsdasdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
COOKIETOOL(6)							   Games Manual 						     COOKIETOOL(6)

NAME
cookietool - program to operate cookie (fortune) database SYNOPSIS
cookietool [options] <database> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cookietool command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has some plaintext documentation, see below. cookietool is a program that should be used to sort, clear and maintain cookie database in standard fortune(6) format, i.e. list of cookies delimited with line containing a single percent ('%') char. cookietool can now understand another formats and convert cookie database between them. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the documentation in /usr/share/doc/cookietool directory [nothing] Shows summary of options. -c case sensitive comparisons. -d[0-3] how fussy about word delimiters? (default: 2) -b delete cookies that are 'abbreviations' of another, too. -p passive, don't delete anything. -s[l|w|<sep>|s] sort cookies; looking after last line only; looking after last word only; starting after the last <sep>, e.g. '-s--'; by size. -a treat 'abbreviations' as doubles (i.e. delete them from the database, too). -f[0-3] input file format - -f3: cookies are separated by '%%' lines; -f2: cookies are separated by '%' lines (DEFAULT); -f1: each line is a cookie; -f0: each word is a cookie. -F[0-3] force output in a different file format, see -f. -o overwrite directly without temporary file. CAUTION NEEDED. SEE ALSO
cdbdiff(6), cdbsplit(6) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Upstream author and Aminet cookietool.lha package with AmigaOS binaries uploader is Wilhelm Noeker, <wnoeker@t-online.de>. Unix manpages (including this one) and makefile are maintained by Miros/law L. Baran <baran@debian.org>. This manual page uses many excerpts from the original README file. May 19, 2001 COOKIETOOL(6)