Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris nagios-plugins-1.4.15 Install Problem on Solaris 10 Post 302524455 by thatwaseasy on Monday 23rd of May 2011 10:55:36 AM
Old 05-23-2011
Thank you, I will try that

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Nagios aka Netsaint plugins

Hi guys, I'm looking for a Nagios plugin which monitors selected processes and if they die, restarts them. Does anyone have such a plugin\script, or could anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers Jamie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris install problem!!

I am running an x86 system with a clean 300GB hard drive. i installed solaris10 on it the first time as a slave drive(the other drive had xp on it and it was the active part). it gave me bad file system error among other things...bla bla bla... so i took out the drive with xp on it and switched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
5 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

creating nagios plugins and defining services

Hello friends, i have essential nagios documents and some basic configuration documents but they dont meet my needs, so i would like to have a detailed, comprehensive documents that refers to pluggins, how to configure a complex nagios script as a service, maybe even how to trigger another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Cannot install gedit-plugins-2.16.0 on RHEL 5.7 (Tikanga)

I am trying to compile the gedit plugins with gedit 2.16.0 and RHEL 5.7 (arch: i386). I downloaded the package and followed the instruction in README: The error output: checking for GEDIT... configure: error: Package requirements ( glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0 gtk+-2.0 >= 2.8.0 gtksourceview-1.0 >=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imperialguy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating additional plugins for nagios

Team would like to know if anyone here had created a basic nagios plugin. I did write a simple postfix service checker. Then add it in nagios nrpe.cfg then restart nrpe and nagios and it is not working, its like i cant receive email if the service is stopped or running. #!/bin/bash... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios plugins

I don't like the standard monitoring plugins for Nagios. After hours of checking out alternatives, I finally decided to develop some own alternatives (and spend days ;)). The goal was to make system monitoring simple. (And not: getting as many details as possible.) The plugins are written in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris install problem

Hi does someone have a solaris 10 install problem on a sunfire v880? it keeps hanging (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)