Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to map the values of an array in perl? Post 302524454 by JerryHone on Monday 23rd of May 2011 10:52:12 AM
Old 05-23-2011
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve...it will be very easy to place the array data in a hash in exactly the same way that you're printing your output, but you'd then need to print the hash, so don't see a performance gain there!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Assigning array values..

I have to add a variable value to an array, something like this: ...... @my_array_name = $value_of_this_variable; This doesnt seem to work, any ideas why? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping array values in Bash like Perl

Hi, Is there an easy way to simulate following Perl code in Bash. if ( grep {$my_value eq $_} @ARGV ){ print "Do Something\n"; } else { die "Invalid value"; } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array or map Concept in Shell Script

Need a urgent help I have a data like below 044 CN CNP 032 MB MBD 567 NH NHI 678 GY GYP . . . . 250 records above data are loaded from a table ... I have a shell script which will read each line and in a specific position it has extn code like ... 044 or 032 ... i need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Map values of blocks in a single line

Hello to all in forum, Maybe some awk expert could help me. I have this sample input: <MGISP:IMSIS=99995626; MT IMSI NUMBER SERIES ANALYSIS DATA OPERATING TABLE IMSIS M NA ANRES 99995626 6-77182 4 OBA-200 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split string into map (Associative Array)

Hi Input: { committed = 782958592; init = 805306368; max = 1051394048; used = 63456712; } Result: A map (maybe Associative Array) where I can iterate through the key/value. Something like this: for key in $map do echo key=$key value=$map done Sample output from the map: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace a array values in perl

Hi, i want to search and replace array values by using perl perl -pi -e "s/${d$i]}/${b$j]}" *.xml i am using while loop for the same. if i excute this,it shows "Substitution replacement not terminated at -e line 1.". please tell me what's wrong this line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl next if @array (exclude a list of values)

I'm trying to exlude a list of values with perl to process while reading in a file. Is there a way to use the next if with a list? Example: @array = qw(val1 val2 val3 val6); while (<>) { next if $_ =~ @array; # values I don't want to process here print; # process the rest here }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies
XML::LibXML::AttributeHash(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     XML::LibXML::AttributeHash(3)

NAME
XML::LibXML::AttributeHash - tie an XML::LibXML::Element to a hash to access its attributes SYNOPSIS
tie my %hash, 'XML::LibXML::AttributeHash', $element; $hash{'href'} = 'http://example.com/'; print $element->getAttribute('href') . " "; DESCRIPTION
This class allows an element's attributes to be accessed as if they were a plain old Perl hash. Attribute names become hash keys. Namespaced attributes are keyed using Clark notation. my $XLINK = 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink'; tie my %hash, 'XML::LibXML::AttributeHash', $element; $hash{"{$XLINK}href"} = 'http://localhost/'; print $element->getAttributeNS($XLINK, 'href') . " "; There is rarely any need to use XML::LibXML::AttributeHash directly. In general, it is possible to take advantage of XML::LibXML::Element's overloading. The example in the SYNOPSIS could have been written: $element->{'href'} = 'http://example.com/'; print $element->getAttribute('href') . " "; The tie interface allows the passing of additional arguments to XML::LibXML::AttributeHash: tie my %hash, 'XML::LibXML::AttributeHash', $element, %args; Currently only one argument is supported, the boolean "weaken" which (if true) indicates that the tied object's reference to the element should be a weak reference. This is used by XML::LibXML::Element's overloading. The "weaken" argument is ignored if you don't have a working Scalar::Util::weaken. perl v5.18.2 2014-02-01 XML::LibXML::AttributeHash(3)