Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Retrieving printer queue properties Post 302524336 by bakunin on Monday 23rd of May 2011 05:29:57 AM
Old 05-23-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoverbury
but I'm struggling to find sources for all this data.
You might want to check the file "/etc/qconfig" and see which information this provides. If you still need additional information about your print queues report back and we will see what we can do for you.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Help adding a printer queue

Hello, I need some help on the following issue: Need to have a printer queue added to the "sssssss" server.The IP address is "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". It is an HP8000 printer. Can you please point me to the right direction. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
0 Replies

2. AIX

Printer Queue not getting created

When I try to create first print queue in this system with the command line argument, find the output also... # /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piomkjetd mkpq_jetdirect -p 'generic' -D pcl -q 'AR06_Workcenter_32' -h 'AR06_Workcenter_32' -x '9100' 0782-606 /usr/lib/lpd/pio/etc/piomgpdev: Error 'A file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giribt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving files from print queue

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me out with this. I'm trying to retrieve files from a print queue on a remote server i.e. get files before they are printed. I'll be using perl to do this. I've written out some pseudocode below: Telnet to print server for ever (endless loop) pause 1 second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vovin
0 Replies

4. Solaris

creating printer queue in Solaris 10

I have installed the foo2zjs drivers but i don't know the next steps to how to make a print queue with ppd files........kindly guide me out if anyone have used foo2jzs or some other methods to configure the hp laserjet 1022n printer.Kindly explain step by step procedure of how to do this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cancel printer queue permission

How to assign permission for a user to cancel unix printer queue other than root? lprm -P and cancel? How to chmod for /bin/cancel to -rws-x-x --> s means? Please help. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot setup a printer queue

So I've got this asc file that someone sent me for setting up a Zebra printer on AIX. When I use smit or the command line I get this error when I try to setup the printer up: File /usr/lib/lpd/pio/predef/master does not exist. The master file is there. This only happens when I setup a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hurmoth
2 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with Queue of the Printer

Guy's This is the Queue of the printer ... >lpstat -pTOPPRINTER Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- TOPPRIN @TOPP DOWN QUEUED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer queue not clearing

Hi I have installed an HP X451dw printer on our network and want to print from Sco Openserver v6 The printer produces correct output but then repeats until the queue is manually stopped. :confused: It is using a netcat/dumb interface Any advice on how to persuade it to only print once... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: David Holmes
5 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)