Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development What do I need to start PHP programming and web design? Post 302524296 by phplinux.sharma on Monday 23rd of May 2011 01:46:24 AM
Old 05-23-2011
Hello Anna,

As you have mentioned that site is in cakephp in that case i will suggest you hire a php programmer for that. because to start php initail you have to start with basic php function after that classes modules and structure. cake php is a frmaework so in my opinion hire a php programmer.

Thanks
Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Hussie
I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start?

Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Where do i start with Web Development?

Im completely new to programming and dont really know much about it. I want to start learning about Web Development but i have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

2. Web Development

How much should you charge for web design & programming?

Need some idea of what I should charge, per hour or per project, for a 3-4 page site that I design & program (HTML, CSS, & PHP). No databases involved. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Web Development

[Web Design] Slideshow Layering

I designed a website with a slideshow (slideshow created with WOW Slider). The slideshow always appears as being on the top layer, and I don't want it that way. You'll notice I have a fixed menu which always stays at the top of the page. When you scroll down the page the slideshow appears to be on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnawanda
1 Replies
PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)							 1						       PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)

php_check_syntax - Check the PHP syntax of (and execute) the specified file

SYNOPSIS
bool php_check_syntax (string $filename, [string &$error_message]) DESCRIPTION
Performs a syntax (lint) check on the specified $filename testing for scripting errors. This is similar to using php -l from the commandline except that this function will execute (but not output) the checked $filename. For example, if a function is defined in $filename, this defined function will be available to the file that executed php_check_syntax(3), but output from $filename will be suppressed. Note For technical reasons, this function is deprecated and removed from PHP. Instead, use php -l somefile.php from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The name of the file being checked. o $error_message - If the $error_message parameter is used, it will contain the error message generated by the syntax check. $error_message is passed by reference. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the lint check passed, and FALSE if the link check failed or if $filename cannot be opened. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.5 | | | | | | | This function was removed from PHP. | | | | | 5.0.3 | | | | | | | Calling exit(3) after php_check_syntax(3) | | | resulted in a Segfault. | | | | | 5.0.1 | | | | | | | $error_message is passed by reference. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
php -l somefile.php The above example will output something similar to: PHP Parse error: unexpected T_STRING in /tmp/somefile.php on line 81 SEE ALSO
include(3), is_readable(3). PHP Documentation Group PHP_CHECK_SYNTAX(3)