Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”? Post 302524147 by mdonova33 on Saturday 21st of May 2011 08:41:58 PM
Old 05-21-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
For strcat to work you'll have to include strings.h too.
It seems to be giving me the error as soon as scanf tries to save my entry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

I ran degugger in C++ and the followings are the message I got: Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (gdb) info s #0 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 #1 0x002e97f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
1 Replies

2. Programming

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Dear all, I used debugger from C++ and these are the message I got: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (gdb) info s #0 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 #1 0x00794fa1 in operator delete () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
5 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

no email received

I have tried to register and got a message saying an email would be sent but no email has turned up. Could you try again please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookingfor help
1 Replies

4. AIX

Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default] on AIX 6.1

Hello, One of our customer is getting segmentation fault when he runs his shell script which invokes our executable on AIX 6.1. On AIX 5.3, there were no issues. Here is the truss output. 811242: __loadx(0x0A040000, 0xF0D3A26C, 0x00000000, 0x00000009, 0x00000000) = 0xF026E884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
0 Replies

5. AIX

nim: error signal number 2 received

Hi to all, i am trying to make mksysb backup of a NIM client machine from NIM master and while i am reading that the backup is done successfully i get an error message below and it doesnt exit the smit screen. also the status of the command appears to be running. is there anybody who knows why... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
3 Replies

6. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

7. Programming

Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted?

Im using gdb and when a user disconnects from my server I receive a message Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x7ffe0304 in ?? () I was hoping someone here might have a explination for this message in gdb (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
26 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

No activation email received

I have tried to register today with the username BatterBits, but have not received the activation email I do not live in any of the restricted countries - unless the UK has suddenly become a threat! I'd be grateful if you would assist. many thanks Ian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unregistered
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error received

I have a program that i need to get done that gets the person's name and his grade then prints it in this order "name-grade-gradeletter" so i wrote this code: #!/bin/bash while :; do read -p "Enter the person's name: " name read -p "Enter the grade of the person: " grade case $grade in )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UniverseCloud
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any help gratefully received

Multiple questions coming your way. A little back ground info as to why I am back to basics. A dear friend of mine passed away recently and as a request by him I have promised to keep his project alive. The problem I have it was being handed over when he was in the last weeks of his life and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nobbyall
1 Replies
AUTOPROJECT(1)							Programmer's Manual						    AUTOPROJECT(1)

NAME
autoproject - create a skeleton source package for a new program SYNOPSIS
autoproject [options] [name] DESCRIPTION
autoproject simplifies the creation of a source package for a new program. The idea is that you execute autoproject just once when you start a new project. It will create a new directory and populate it with standard files, customized for the new project. autoproject asks for the name of the new program (unless it is given on the command line), a program description and other data. It then creates a subdirectory and populates it with a C program with command line parsing, a simple manual page and texinfo page, and other stan- dard files. The package is intended to follow the GNU programming standards. It uses autoconf(1) to configure itself, and automake(1) to create the Makefile. The new program will always support the options "--help" and "--version", and will optionally support certain standard options such as "--quiet". Optionally, autoproject can set the new project up to use the argp command line parsing interface that is included in GNU C library 2.1. Alternatively, the new project can use a command line parser generator. autoproject will create an appropriate options description file, and the generated Makefile will include the commands to invoke the parser generator as needed. Currently, autogen(1) and clig(1) are sup- ported. At present autoproject supports main programs only in c, sh, or c++. For other languages mentioned, autoproject only adds macros in con- figure.in so autoconf(1) will look for the relevant compilers. (You may add skeleton files supporting other languages. See CUSTOMIZATION, below.) The version number for the new program is initialized as 0.1.0, and is set in configure.in (only). It is available in C programs as the macro VERSION, and in the Makefile as $(VERSION). If, after populating the new directory, there exists an executable file named postinst, then it is executed. If it executes successfully, then autoproject deletes it. Currently, autoproject does not supply a file postinst. However, a user can install one to perform any nec- essary actions. (See CUSTOMIZATION, below.) OPTIONS
If the GNU version of getopt(1) is installed, autoproject will accept the following options. Otherwise, autoproject will use getopts(1) to parse its arguments, and it will not longer accept long options or options with optional arguments. If autoproject is used to generate a shell-based project, it will still be dependent on GNU getopt. -a, --author name Supply the name of the new program's author. -e, --email addr Supply the email address of the author. -o, --option opt Add opt to the list of long options accepted by the program. Only these standard options are accepted here: dry-run no-warn output brief quiet verbose directory cd interactive. -d, --description text Supply the short program description -i, --interface type Specify the type of user interface. The default is cli, for command line interface. (Currently, only cli is supported.) -l, --language lang Add lang to the list of languages used. These languages are supported to some extent: c sh c++ fortran lex yacc awk. autoproject supports languages in two ways. It assumes the first language mentioned will be used for the main program, and searches for a skeleton program file in the corresponding section of the library. At present autoproject supports main programs only in c, sh, or c++. For other languages mentioned, autoproject only adds macros in configure.in so autoconf(1) will look for the relevant compil- ers. (You may add skeleton files supporting other languages. See CUSTOMIZATION, below.) -L[DIR] Prepend DIR to the list of directories to search for skeleton files. (See CUSTOMIZATION, below.) If DIR is missing, then the path is cleared. -n, --name name Specify the name of the new program. -p, --parser prog Use the external command line parser or parser generator prog. Currently, these are supported: argp, autogen(1) and clig(1). --debug Leave intermediate files. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. CUSTOMIZATION
The autoproject package includes a set of skeleton files which are usually installed under /usr/share/autoproject. It selects which subdi- rectories to use based on the interface type, primary language, and parser generator chosen by the user. The user may create a similar directory tree under $HOME/.autoproject, and populate it with additional files and/or replacements for the standard files. The system administrator may create a similar tree under /etc/autoproject. autoproject searches in $HOME/.autoproject first, then /etc/autoproject, and finally in the standard tree. It uses only the first file it finds of a given name. For example, if a user wants to add a paragraph to every README file that points to his web page, he could copy /usr/share/autopro- ject/all/all/all/README to ~/.autoproject/all/all/all/README and make that change. Of course, any file overridden in this way will not inherit updates when the next version of autoproject is installed. If a skeleton file contains any of these variables, autoproject will substitute the corresponding value: #NAME# Program name in lower case. #CAPNAME# Program name in all caps. #DESCRIPTION# A short description of the program. #AUTHOR# Program author. #EMAIL# Author's email address. #EEMAIL# Author's email address with the `@' doubled (necessary in a .texinfo file). #DATE# Today's date, in this format: "November 24, 2001". #ISODATE# Today's date, in ISO 8601 format: "2001-11-24". #YEAR# The four digit year. Note that these substitutions are made when autoproject runs. Substitutions can also be made at program configuration or build time by suitable makefile commands (for example, using the makefile variable VERSION, or the output of date(1)). If you write a generally applicable skeleton file, such as a main program for a language currently not supported, please consider con- tributing it to autoproject. FILES
$HOME/.autoproject /etc/autoproject /usr/share/autoproject Directory trees containing skeleton files. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autogen(1), clig(1), `Parsing Program Options with Argp' in `The GNU C Library Reference Manual' (type `info libc argp') AUTHOR
James R. Van Zandt <jrvz@comcast.net>. September 16, 2002 AUTOPROJECT(1)