Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut Command error cut: Bad range Post 302524127 by Chirel on Saturday 21st of May 2011 06:05:35 PM
Old 05-21-2011
A range must be lower - upper values
From 30 to 8 mean's nothing.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut pid from ps using cut command

hay i am trying to get JUST the PID from the ps command. my command line is: ps -ef | grep "mintty" | cut -d' ' -f2 but i get an empty line. i assume that the delimiter is not just one space character, but can't figure out what should i do in order to do that. i know i can use awk or cut... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran ber
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
getdevicerange(3TSOL)				       Trusted Extensions Library Functions				     getdevicerange(3TSOL)

NAME
getdevicerange - get the label range of a device SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] file... -lbsm -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> blrange_t *getdevicerange(const char *device); DESCRIPTION
The getdevicerange() function returns the label range of a user-allocatable device. If the label range is not specified for device, getdevicerange() returns the default values of ADMIN_LOW for the lower bound and ADMIN_HIGH for the upper bound of device. From the command line, list_devices(1) can be used to see the label range of device. RETURN VALUES
The getdevicerange() function returns NULL on failure and sets errno. On successful completion, it returns a pointer to a blrange_t struc- ture which must be freed by the caller, as follows: blrange_t *range; ... m_label_free(range->lower_bound); m_label_free(range->upper_bound); free(range); ERRORS
The getdevicerange() function will fail if: EAGAIN There is not enough memory available to allocate the required bytes. The application could try later. ENOMEM The physical limits of the system are exceeded by size bytes of memory which cannot be allocated. ENOTSUP Invalid upper or lower bound for device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------+-----------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------+-----------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +-----------------------+-----------------------------------+ |MT-Level | MT-Safe | +-----------------------+-----------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
list_devices(1), free(3C), libtsol(3LIB), m_label_free(3TSOL), attributes(5) Validating the Label Request Against the Printer's Label Range in Solaris Trusted Extensions Developer's Guide NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 getdevicerange(3TSOL)