Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Process Killed : Need to find why ? Post 302524058 by clakkad on Saturday 21st of May 2011 02:27:04 AM
Old 05-21-2011
global variable! great... i will try and track it down. but i would appreciate help as well, cause i dont know scripting that well to know which variable to look for .

btw, if it helps , this FTP is being implemented through an EXPECT script which is being invoked from an hierarchy of ...lets say.. parent scripts. The orde is something like :

script 1 > script 2 > script 3 > ftp script.

here the script being killed is 'script 1'. perhaps so many sub-shell invocations is causing the problem and as suggested previously by methyl a process clean-up cron mighth be killing the main script. But i ran the same tool (scripts) on another HP-UX server and it didnt get killed and worked to completion.

This is a resource shortage or something issue!! then again i have find a way like the global var thing to try and prevent this.

PS :-
the above may not exactly be a good coding style what with so many sub-shell invocations but thats how i have worked it out for now.

thank you all Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process not getting killed

I have a process that is in the sleeping state "S" and I have tried to stop it with a run control script that I use to stop/start it - but it does not stop. I have tried kill -9 <PID of process> with no change. I imagine that this process is sleeping with the kernel. It does not respond to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who is the parent of a killed process ?

Suppose we have the following process tree: init-> ProcessA->processB->processC then I kill processB Who is the parent of the processC? init or the processA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
6 Replies

3. Programming

how to delay a process from getting killed

We are forking a process B from process A and the process B should display the details it reads from process C(daemon process) continuously. Let us say that the process C sents 100 packets.The process B receives all the 100 packets from the process C before it prints all details of 31... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cijkmysj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to run a killed process

hi, i am creating a daemon process for updating the file at regular interval.one problem with this is if anybody kills the daemon it wont update the file.anybody have idea how to rerun the daemon if it killed.the code is written in c++ in solaries environment. thnaks & regards suresh (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_rtp
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Process Killed - How to identify

I have this shell script and in case the sybase process is been killed how can identify whether the process was killed or not, as the error code always returns 0. #!/bin/sh isql -S SERVER -U user -P pass<<TOP select * from tableName go TOP echo $? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

LDAP process getting killed

Hi all, Currently I am using LDAP to store some network related data, When I run following script ./ns-slapd ldif2db Execution of above script terminates displaying "Killed" on the console. As far as I know, a process can be killed by two ways- 1. manually running " kill -9 <PID of LDAP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAS Process Getting Killed

HI all, I am very new to AIX (matter of fact Unix). We are currently automating out manual process using Unix Shell Scripting. My wrote a shell script which will accept the name of the sas job as parameter, checks the existense of the sas file in the specified folder. If it is not present,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anubhav2020
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a Process from Being Killed

Hi, I have a process which takes 13-15 mins for execution and its getting killed in the meantime.So can you please helpme out how to protect the process from getting killed. Thanks in advance. Regards, Harika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikagrp
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prevent process from being killed

Hi,all.Well,I know someone has already asked this question before,however,It's too long before.So i post a new thread here. Here is the issue.I have a shell script that use awk to calculate something and the script takes about 15 mins,it will use 100% CPU,and the system automatically killed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the killed process logs

I have two set of questions. 1) To skip killing some process automatically. 2) To kill other process and capture their log. I have set of process, some needs to be killed gracefully and others should be skipped. Listed are the process. adm 1522... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murali1687
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)