Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris socket in listen state disappears/closes automatically Post 302523991 by Loic Domaigne on Friday 20th of May 2011 02:27:09 PM
Old 05-20-2011
Is the server still running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Prog to close a socket in established state

I have a SUN environment running an WebLogic that communicates w/a 3rd party running IIS. When the IIS site goes down (frequently), I am stuck with sockets in an ESTABLISHED state, and cannot seem to figure out how to avoid this. No exceptions are thrown as I can still open connections to the IIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teledelux
1 Replies

2. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm -e closes when script is done

I want to open multiple xterm windows, run different programs in each and have each xterm window stay open - to use as I wish. I have written a ksh script that uses "xterm -e scriptname" (multiple times). The xterm windows do open successfully. However, when "scriptname" completes, the xterm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazaret
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loopback filesystem disappears after reboot

I am running solarix x86 on a dell r810; I have mirrored the two internal 300Gb disks and accepted the default directory structure during the installation. Oracle 11g R2 was then installed with a view to using this machine in a DR scenario. The following steps were performed to create two disks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl + Gtk2] Image disappears after scrolling / minimizing window

Hello everyone I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I will try. I want to use Gtk2 in my Perl chart-drawing script, I found a sample code that could be very useful for me somewhere, but I noticed there is one problem with that - when I draw something, and then scroll the window or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
0 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sub-folder in share disappears when mounting to other server

Hello, I have 3 solaris 11.2 servers: 1 and 2: are just fileservers with 1 zfs-share server 3: i want to use this one to connect to the rest of our network (windows machines and a few solaris machines) I created the shares on all servers like this (x needs to be replace with the number... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wim_123
9 Replies