Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column Post 302523960 by radoulov on Friday 20th of May 2011 11:36:39 AM
Old 05-20-2011
Code:
awk 'NR == FNR { 
  f[$1]
  next 
  } 
$1 in f
  ' version1 version2

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find common lines using just one column to compare and result with all columns

Hi. If we have this file A B C 7 8 9 1 2 10 and this other file A C D F 7 9 2 3 9 2 3 4 The result i´m looking for is intersection with A B C D F so the answer here will be (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcalina
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare two columns and retrieve data

I am a newbie to Unix and slowly learning it. I have a large data set with 8 different columns. I want to compare two columns and retrieve data if the two columns have similar number. I have attached the example. There are two columns (S-Contig and N-Contig). I want to retrieve the data from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a common field in two files and append a column from File 1 in File2

Hi Friends, I am new to Shell Scripting and need your help in the below situation. - I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - "Application handle" is the common field in both the files. (NOTE :- PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT "Compare files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match words and fetch data in front of it in second column

Hi all, I have 2 files one file contain data like this in one column AST3 GSTY4 JST3 second file containign data like this in 2 columns AST3(PAXXX),GSTY4(PAXXY) it is used in diabetes KST4 it is used in blood... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperated by columns, merge in a file, sort them on common column

Hi All, I have 4 files in below format. I took them as an example. File 1: Cut from position 1-4 then 6-7 then 8-14 then rest left and make them as columns in one new file. Inserting character H to the initial of all line like HCTOT. CTOT 456787897 Low fever CTOR 556712345 High fever... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two columns and replacing it with value from third column!!

Hi, I am new to Unix and I am finding it hard to fix a particular logic. The context is as below. File 1 : This contains of 5 fields : Type | Bank Code | Account | Name | Date/Time 60|ABC123|TX123456|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS 72|ABC123|MYD34561|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJose
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste columns based on common column: multiple files

Hi all, I've multiple files. In this case 5. Space separated columns. Each file has 12 columns. Each file has 300-400K lines. I want to get the output such that if a value in column 2 is present in all the files then get all the columns of that value and print it side by side. Desired output... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join columns across multiple lines in a Text based on common column using BASH

Hello, I have a file with 2 columns ( tableName , ColumnName) delimited by a Pipe like below . File is sorted by ColumnName. Table1|Column1 Table2|Column1 Table5|Column1 Table3|Column2 Table2|Column2 Table4|Column3 Table2|Column3 Table2|Column4 Table5|Column4 Table2|Column5 From... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)