Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required in Building an XML using SAX Parser in perl Post 302523845 by vanitham on Friday 20th of May 2011 03:20:45 AM
Old 05-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
The example has
<Node>
<Node>
</Node>
</Node>

I call that "nested <Node>s".
It seems odd and surprising, so I'm just asking if it's real or a typo.
Hi,

The main nodes is Employee and others are under that node.

Is there any possibility of building an xml tree using an sax parser?

Regards
Vanitha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XML parsing performace comparison with windows using sax

sorry wrong forum..i dont know how to delete this or how to move it to HP UX section... I tested SAX XML parsing using xerces(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/). I tested on Windows XP and HP-UX . I found that parsing time on HP is 5 times that on Windows. My server startup reads a lot of XML... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh.sid
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on building the logic

Hi, Can anyone please help me on building the logic for writing a shell script which can delete blank lines from a file and count the number of duplicate lines in a file. Thanks, Indra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml parser in perl

hi all i want to read xml file in perl i am using XML::Simple for this. i am not getting how to read following file removing xml file due to some reason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML:Parser help

I am very new to XML. Really I have an excel file that I am trying to read w/ Perl on a Linux machine. I don't have a mod for reading excel files so I have to convert the excel file to xml to be able to read it. I can read the file and everything is ok except...the Number style is being dropped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml-parser with perl

Hello I want to write an xml- parser with perl an i use the libary XML::LibXML. I have a problem with the command getElementsByTagName. If there is an empty tag, the getElementsByTagName method returns a NodeList of length zero. how can i check if this is a nodelist of lenght zero?? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trek
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parser to generate Tuxedo UD files

Hi, My requirement is like this. I have an XML file which needs to be converted to Tuxedo UD files(param name and param value). Does anybody have a sample perl xml parser script for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where to find 64-bit based perl module like XML::Parser::Expat?

Q: Where to get a 64 bit Expat.so? I run a perl script and got this error: Can't load '/usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.so' for module XML:parser::Expat: ld.so.1:myPerl: fatal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML to XML parser

Hello forum, I am having problems to write a bash script. I am trying to get some information from a web page, I want to format it to XMLTV. This is web page: Programación de las cadenas etb1, etb2, etb3, canal vasco y etb sat | EITB Televisión I want to get something like this: <programme... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jlazkano
1 Replies
SAX::ParserFactory(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     SAX::ParserFactory(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::ParserFactory - Obtain a SAX parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX::ParserFactory; use XML::SAX::XYZHandler; my $handler = XML::SAX::XYZHandler->new(); my $p = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->parser(Handler => $handler); $p->parse_uri("foo.xml"); # or $p->parse_string("<foo/>") or $p->parse_file($fh); DESCRIPTION
XML::SAX::ParserFactory is a factory class for providing an application with a Perl SAX2 XML parser. It is akin to DBI - a front end for other parser classes. Each new SAX2 parser installed will register itself with XML::SAX, and then it will become available to all applications that use XML::SAX::ParserFactory to obtain a SAX parser. Unlike DBI however, XML/SAX parsers almost all work alike (especially if they subclass XML::SAX::Base, as they should), so rather than specifying the parser you want in the call to "parser()", XML::SAX has several ways to automatically choose which parser to use: o $XML::SAX::ParserPackage If this package variable is set, then this package is "require()"d and an instance of this package is returned by calling the "new()" class method in that package. If it cannot be loaded or there is an error, an exception will be thrown. The variable can also contain a version number: $XML::SAX::ParserPackage = "XML::SAX::Expat (0.72)"; And the number will be treated as a minimum version number. o Required features It is possible to require features from the parsers. For example, you may wish for a parser that supports validation via a DTD. To do that, use the following code: use XML::SAX::ParserFactory; my $factory = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->new(); $factory->require_feature('http://xml.org/sax/features/validation'); my $parser = $factory->parser(...); Alternatively, specify the required features in the call to the ParserFactory constructor: my $factory = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->new( RequiredFeatures => { 'http://xml.org/sax/features/validation' => 1, } ); If the features you have asked for are unavailable (for example the user might not have a validating parser installed), then an exception will be thrown. The list of known parsers is searched in reverse order, so it will always return the last installed parser that supports all of your requested features (Note: this is subject to change if someone comes up with a better way of making this work). o SAX.ini ParserFactory will search @INC for a file called SAX.ini, which is in a simple format: # a comment looks like this, ; or like this, and are stripped anywhere in the file key = value # SAX.in contains key/value pairs. All whitespace is non-significant. This file can contain either a line: ParserPackage = MyParserModule (1.02) Where MyParserModule is the module to load and use for the parser, and the number in brackets is a minimum version to load. Or you can list required features: http://xml.org/sax/features/validation = 1 And each feature with a true value will be required. o Fallback If none of the above works, the last parser installed on the user's system will be used. The XML::SAX package ships with a pure perl XML parser, XML::SAX::PurePerl, so that there will always be a fallback parser. AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org LICENSE
This is free software, you may use it and distribute it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2009-10-10 SAX::ParserFactory(3)