Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installation of Oracle 11g on ubuntu linux. Post 302523807 by rajivatnova on Friday 20th of May 2011 12:05:38 AM
Old 05-20-2011
Installation of Oracle 11g on ubuntu linux.

Dear Folks,

I'm installing oracle 11g on ubuntu linux, currently I'm trying an option to increase the file system for a mount point ORACLE_HOME=/d01/oracle, for this file system the requirement to have at least 4GB free space, could you please let me know a way to increase the file system. also commands to mount the file system would also be helpful, the df -h command does not show the mount /d01/oracle.

Thanks in advance.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Linux

how to install oracle 11g on linux mandriva 2007

please help me to install a oracle 11g on mandriva, i met some problems to do this. i start ./runInstaller and i finished to install but i can't run sqlplus. i thank i mess some step to success my install. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: banter
0 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)