Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using, modifying and reporting on timestamps to track changes in a filesystem Post 302523595 by unxscorob on Thursday 19th of May 2011 06:46:08 AM
Old 05-19-2011
or create a file with all known filenames as of the last scan, and next month create a new file and compare for differences. this would depend if users are using same or different filenames from month to month.

this month
Code:
find /filesystem -xdev | sort >/tmp/filesystem_month_$(date +"%m")

next month, using 04 and 05 to indicate previous and current month numbers.
Code:
find /filesystem -xdev | sort >/tmp/filesystem_month_$(date +"%m")
comm -13 /tmp/filesystem_month_04 /tmp/filesystem_month_05

although, depending on the size of the filesystem, this could be done more frequently, adjusting the date variable accordingly.
This User Gave Thanks to unxscorob For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with touch and timestamps

Hello fellow Unix geeks, I have been given a very urgent assignment in my office on writing a particular Shell script but I'm very much new to it.I would appreciate any help from you on solving this problem--which might seem very trivial to you. The Unix flavour is a Sun Solaris one..(not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Modifying/Removing Timestamps from a filename

So given filenames of varying lengths, I was wondering how I would remove or modify appended timestamps of the current date DD-MM-YY. So say: test_DD-MM-YY.txt coolbeans_DD-MM-YY.pdf And what I expect the output to be: test.txt coolbeans.pdf Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodaboyz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
acctsh(1M)																acctsh(1M)

NAME
acctsh: chargefee, ckpacct, dodisk, lastlogin, monacct, nulladm, prctmp, prdaily, prtacct, shutacct, startup, turnacct - shell procedures for accounting SYNOPSIS
login-name number [blocks] [files ...] number file [mmdd] file [heading] [reason] DESCRIPTION
Can be invoked to charge a number of units to login-name. A record is written to to be merged with other accounting records during the night. Should be initiated via It periodically checks the size of If the size exceeds blocks, 1000 by default, is invoked with argument switch. If the number of free disk blocks in the file system falls below 500, automatically turns off the collection of process accounting records via the argument to When at least this number of blocks is restored, the accounting will be activated again. This feature is sensitive to the frequency at which is executed, usually by Should be invoked by to perform the disk accounting functions. By default, it will do disk accounting on the special files in If the flag is used, it does a slower version of disk accounting by login directory. files specifies the one or more filesystem names where disk accounting is to be done. If files is used, disk accounting will be done on these filesystems only. If the flag is used, files should be mount points of mounted filesystem. If omitted, they should be the special file names of mountable filesystems. Invoked by to update which shows the last date on which each user logged in (see runacct(1M)). Should be invoked once each month or each accounting period. number indicates which month or period it is. If number is not given, it defaults to the current month (01 through 12). This default is useful if is to executed via on the first day of each month. creates summary files in and restarts summary files in Creates file with mode 664 and ensures that owner and group are It is called by various accounting shell procedures. Can be used to print the session record file normally created by (see acctcon(1M)). Invoked by (see runacct(1M)) to format a report of the previous day's accounting data. The report resides in where mmdd is the month and day of the report. The current daily accounting reports may be printed by typing prdaily. Previous days' accounting reports can be printed by using the mmdd option and specifying the exact report date desired. The flag prints a report of exceptional usage by login id for the specifed date. Previous daily reports are cleaned up and therefore inaccessible after each invocation of The flag prints a report of exceptional resource usage by command, and can be used on current day's accounting data only. Can be used to format and print any total accounting file. Should be invoked during a system shutdown to turn process accounting off and append a "reason" record to Should be called by system startup scripts to turn the accounting on whenever the system is brought up. An interface to (see acct(1M)) to turn process accounting or The argument turns accounting off, moves the current to the next free name in then turns accounting back on again. (incr is a number starting with and incrementing by one for each additional file.) is called by and thus can be run under and used to keep to a reasonable size. FILES
holds all accounting commands listed in section(1M) of this manual accumulator for fees working directory current file for per-process accounting used if gets large, and during execution of daily accounting procedure contains the limits for exceptional usage by command name contains the limits for exceptional usage by login id summary directory, should be saved login/logoff summary SEE ALSO
acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), cron(1M), diskusg(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctsh(1M)