Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using, modifying and reporting on timestamps to track changes in a filesystem Post 302523573 by unxscorob on Thursday 19th of May 2011 05:58:02 AM
Old 05-19-2011
check the find command and see if yours has the -newer option. if so, touch an empty marker file before you reset all the timestamps and then use something similar to following.
Code:
find /filesystem -xdev -newer /filesystem/marker_file

but then if then timestamps are marked prior to the last reset at first of the month, you might not get the desired results. although this is something you should be able to test now to determine.
HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamps

Hello! I have the following problem. I read a file using perl, each line of this file has the fllowing format. 14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$ Th first field is the timestamp and the second field is the offset in seconds. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with touch and timestamps

Hello fellow Unix geeks, I have been given a very urgent assignment in my office on writing a particular Shell script but I'm very much new to it.I would appreciate any help from you on solving this problem--which might seem very trivial to you. The Unix flavour is a Sun Solaris one..(not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Modifying/Removing Timestamps from a filename

So given filenames of varying lengths, I was wondering how I would remove or modify appended timestamps of the current date DD-MM-YY. So say: test_DD-MM-YY.txt coolbeans_DD-MM-YY.pdf And what I expect the output to be: test.txt coolbeans.pdf Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodaboyz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
SVN-BISECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SVN-BISECT(1)

NAME
svn-bisect - Bisect Subversion revisions to find a regression SYNOPSIS
svn-bisect start [good_rev [bad_rev]] svn-bisect {good|bad} [rev] svn-bisect run command svn-bisect reset svn-bisect status DESCRIPTION
svn-bisect helps to automate finding a bug or behavior change in a Subversion working copy. Given an initial "good" revision, with the desired or original behavior, and a newer "bad" revision, with the undesired or modified behavior, svn-bisect will do a binary search through the revision range to find which revision caused the change. svn-bisect must be initialized in a working copy, with svn-bisect start. It also needs to be given at least one good revision (the base- line) and one bad revision (known modified behavior) revision. Sub-commands: start Initializes or reinitializes svn-bisect; optionally takes good and bad revision parameters. good rev bad rev Tells svn-bisect that a revision is good or bad, defining or narrowing the search space. If not specified, revision defaults to the current revision in the working copy. svn-bisect will then update to a revision halfway between the new good and bad boundaries. If this update crosses a point where a branch was created, it switches in or out of the branch. reset Resets the working copy to the revision and branch where svn-bisect start was run. In the simple case this is equivalent to rm -r .svn-bisect; svn update, but not if it has crossed branches, and not if you did not start at the HEAD revision. In any case, svn-bisect never keeps track of mixed-revision working copies, so do not use svn-bisect in a working copy that will need to be restored to mixed revisions. status Prints a brief status message. run command Runs the bisection in a loop. You must have already defined initial good and bad boundary conditions. Each iteration through the loop runs command as a shell command (a single argument, quoted if necessary) on the chosen revision, then marks the revision as good or bad, based on the exit status of command. EXAMPLES
Assume you are trying to find which revision between 1250 and 1400 caused the make check command to fail. svn-bisect start 1250 1400 svn-bisect run 'make check' svn-bisect reset ENVIRONMENT
SVN The Subversion command-line program to call (default svn). FILES
.svn-bisect The directory containing state information, removed after a successful bisection. SEE ALSO
git-bisect(1). AUTHOR
Written by Robert Millan and Peter Samuelson, for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2009-10-22 SVN-BISECT(1)