Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl- check the port used
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl- check the port used Post 302523552 by bassma on Thursday 19th of May 2011 05:25:52 AM
Old 05-19-2011
can you please clarify the second and the third point I'm just a beginner

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how can i check if port is busy or if someone is using it ?

Hello i have application that using ports , how can i check if the port im using is not captured by any applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How can I check what port addresses used the application

Hello Mentors! I am a new here in the furom, i hope somebody can understand my problem. Basically we have an application here called unigraphics and being installed per station and the setup is look like this. 1. installed unigraphics UGNX3 version on every station 2. some are installed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check that a device is attached on a port

Q1: can anyone tell me how cfgadm keeps track of the device even if the device is disconnected , when we disconnect a device using cfgadm cfgadm -ys disconnect <ap_id> then the device disappears from the lshal o/p. HAL uses libdevinfo for the device list. if the device is not there in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you check whether a port currently being used?

Hi, Please help me out, how to check whether a port currently being used or not. is there any command which give the result? Thanks Rajesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a Port is accepting connections.

Hi, I need to create a script which checks the availability of a particular service on a particular Port on HP-Unix. Is there any command in unix wherein we can check if any port is accepting the connections now. Thanks, Vihang. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check UDP port example = 31011?

We have open port UDP port 31011, how to verify if port were working or traffic were receive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtalan
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to check port used for SSL?

I have RHEL 5.8 in our production environment. We are using SSL, my query is how to find the port used for SSL. In /etc/services, it shows 443 but when I give netstat -tulpn | grep 443 Or netstat -tulp | grep https I do not get any output. I hope, my question is clear of how to find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty port using netstat?

Hi, How to check empty port using netstat please help Thanks Ashfaque (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashfaque
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the IP:PORT firewall uses?

I have my firewall process running # ps -ef | grep firewall root 21169 1 0 08:50 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid I wish to know what ip : port number it is using. Can you please tell me how can i find out ? I tried the below command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
DICTION(1)							   User commands							DICTION(1)

NAME
diction - print wordy and commonly misused phrases in sentences SYNOPSIS
diction [-b] [-d] [-f file [-n|-L language]] [file...] diction [--beginner] [--ignore-double-words] [--file file [--no-default-file|--language language]] [file...] diction -h|--help diction --version DESCRIPTION
Diction finds all sentences in a document that contain phrases from a database of frequently misused, bad or wordy diction. It further checks for double words. If no files are given, the document is read from standard input. Each found phrase is enclosed in [ ] (brack- ets). Suggestions and advice, if any and if asked for, are printed headed by a right arrow ->. A sentence is a sequence of words, that starts with a capitalised word and ends with a full stop, double colon, question mark or exclaimation mark. A single letter followed by a dot is considered an abbreviation, so it does not terminate a sentence. Various multi-letter abbreviations are recognized, they do not terminate a sentence as well, neither do fractional numbers. Diction understands cpp(1) #line lines for being able to give precise locations when printing sentences. OPTIONS
-b, --beginner Complain about mistakes typically made by beginners. -d, --ignore-double-words Ignore double words and do not complain about them. -s, --suggest Suggest better wording, if any. -f file, --file file Read the user specified database from the specified file in addition to the default database. -n, --no-default-file Do not read the default database, so only the user-specified database is used. -L language, --language language Set the phrase file language. -h, --help Print a short usage message. --version Print the version. ERRORS
On usage errors, 1 is returned. Termination caused by lack of memory is signalled by exit code 2. EXAMPLE
The following example first removes all roff constructs and headers from a document and feeds the result to diction with a German database: deroff -s file.mm | diction -L de | fmt ENVIRONMENT
LC_MESSAGES=de|en specifies the message language and is also used as default for the phrase language. The default language is en. FILES
/usr/share/diction/* databases for various languages AUTHOR
This program is GNU software, copyright 1997-2005 Michael Haardt <michael@moria.de>. The English phrase file contains contributions by Greg Lindahl <lindahl@pbm.com>, Wil Baden, Gary D. Kline, Kimberly Hanks and Beth Morris. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. HISTORY
There has been a diction command on old UNIX systems, which is now part of the AT&T DWB package. The original version was bound to roff by enforcing a call to deroff. This version is a reimplementation and must run in a pipe with deroff(1) if you want to process roff docu- ments. Similarly, you can run it in a pipe with dehtml(1) or detex(1) to process HTML or TeX documents. SEE ALSO
deroff(1), fmt(1), style(1) Cherry, L.L.; Vesterman, W.: Writing Tools--The STYLE and DICTION programs, Computer Science Technical Report 91, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, N.J. (1981), republished as part of the 4.4BSD User's Supplementary Documents by O'Reilly. Strunk, William: The elements of style, Ithaca, N.Y.: Priv. print., 1918, http://coba.shsu.edu/help/strunk/ GNU
June 09, 2006 DICTION(1)