Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to view dynamically updated managed server logs from the same putty window Post 302523547 by ctsgnb on Thursday 19th of May 2011 05:16:36 AM
Old 05-19-2011
GNU screen is a nice tool that can allow this kind of things

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to view logs of a server

Please share a shell script to collect logs of a server (like cpu utilization, memory etc) for a perticular time interval by giving date, time and server name as input. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the window name for putty

Hi everyone , Happy new year ! I have a question , hope someone will respond to me . I will be logging into so many servers in the same putty . So , whenever i loggedoff and loggedin into anonther server , putty window will change accordingly to the server name . If the above is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding the logs on putty

Hi Folks, I have an application and I connect to unix box through putty , sometimes I Have to check the logs and for that I reached to particular directory and write tail -f abc.log Is there any better command so that these logs are dynamically go on increasing while I work on my application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with putty window setting

hi friends, This is not a shell scripting related doubt, but still posting so that you can answer it ;) or redirect to correct place in this website. Many a times i have to open multiple putty sessions by duplicating a session and want to rename their tabs. For this activity i have to right... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software to monitor the logs dynamically

Hi Folks, I have to monitor the logs for exceptions and the logs will be dynamic and will keep updating now one way is to use the command on putty that is tail -f but could you please advise any software in which I can dynamically monitor the logs and if an exception come it highlights thos... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
4 Replies
NICE(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           NICE(1)

NAME
nice - run a program with modified scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [OPTION] [COMMAND [ARG]...] DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND with an adjusted niceness, which affects process scheduling. With no COMMAND, print the current niceness. Niceness values range from -20 (most favorable to the process) to 19 (least favorable to the process). Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -n, --adjustment=N add integer N to the niceness (default 10) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nice, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's docu- mentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nice translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
nice(2), renice(1) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nice> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nice invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NICE(1)