Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development What do I need to start PHP programming and web design? Post 302523462 by Anna Hussie on Thursday 19th of May 2011 02:09:20 AM
Old 05-19-2011
What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?

I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start?

Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp. I want to make some joomla templates as well but i will ask later this question.

Last edited by Scott; 08-29-2011 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Removed spam signature

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Where do i start with Web Development?

Im completely new to programming and dont really know much about it. I want to start learning about Web Development but i have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

2. Web Development

How much should you charge for web design & programming?

Need some idea of what I should charge, per hour or per project, for a 3-4 page site that I design & program (HTML, CSS, & PHP). No databases involved. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Web Development

[Web Design] Slideshow Layering

I designed a website with a slideshow (slideshow created with WOW Slider). The slideshow always appears as being on the top layer, and I don't want it that way. You'll notice I have a fixed menu which always stays at the top of the page. When you scroll down the page the slideshow appears to be on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnawanda
1 Replies
GET_CFG_VAR(3)								 1							    GET_CFG_VAR(3)

get_cfg_var - Gets the value of a PHP configuration option

SYNOPSIS
string get_cfg_var (string $option) DESCRIPTION
Gets the value of a PHP configuration $option. This function will not return configuration information set when the PHP was compiled, or read from an Apache configuration file. To check whether the system is using a configuration file, try retrieving the value of the cfg_file_path configuration setting. If this is available, a configuration file is being used. PARAMETERS
o $option - The configuration option name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the current value of the PHP configuration variable specified by $option, or FALSE if an error occurs. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | get_cfg_var(3) was fixed to be able to return | | | "array" ini options. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ini_get(3), ini_get_all(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_CFG_VAR(3)