Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required in Building an XML using SAX Parser in perl Post 302523428 by fpmurphy on Thursday 19th of May 2011 12:36:45 AM
Old 05-19-2011

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XML parsing performace comparison with windows using sax

sorry wrong forum..i dont know how to delete this or how to move it to HP UX section... I tested SAX XML parsing using xerces(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/). I tested on Windows XP and HP-UX . I found that parsing time on HP is 5 times that on Windows. My server startup reads a lot of XML... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh.sid
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on building the logic

Hi, Can anyone please help me on building the logic for writing a shell script which can delete blank lines from a file and count the number of duplicate lines in a file. Thanks, Indra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml parser in perl

hi all i want to read xml file in perl i am using XML::Simple for this. i am not getting how to read following file removing xml file due to some reason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML:Parser help

I am very new to XML. Really I have an excel file that I am trying to read w/ Perl on a Linux machine. I don't have a mod for reading excel files so I have to convert the excel file to xml to be able to read it. I can read the file and everything is ok except...the Number style is being dropped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml-parser with perl

Hello I want to write an xml- parser with perl an i use the libary XML::LibXML. I have a problem with the command getElementsByTagName. If there is an empty tag, the getElementsByTagName method returns a NodeList of length zero. how can i check if this is a nodelist of lenght zero?? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trek
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parser to generate Tuxedo UD files

Hi, My requirement is like this. I have an XML file which needs to be converted to Tuxedo UD files(param name and param value). Does anybody have a sample perl xml parser script for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where to find 64-bit based perl module like XML::Parser::Expat?

Q: Where to get a 64 bit Expat.so? I run a perl script and got this error: Can't load '/usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.so' for module XML:parser::Expat: ld.so.1:myPerl: fatal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML to XML parser

Hello forum, I am having problems to write a bash script. I am trying to get some information from a web page, I want to format it to XMLTV. This is web page: Programación de las cadenas etb1, etb2, etb3, canal vasco y etb sat | EITB Televisión I want to get something like this: <programme... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jlazkano
1 Replies
Expat(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Expat(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::Expat - SAX2 Driver for Expat (XML::Parser) SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX::Expat; use XML::SAX::MyFooHandler; my $h = XML::SAX::MyFooHandler->new; my $p = XML::SAX::Expat->new(Handler => $h); $p->parse_file('/path/to/foo.xml'); DESCRIPTION
This is an implementation of a SAX2 driver sitting on top of Expat (XML::Parser) which Ken MacLeod posted to perl-xml and which I have updated. It is still incomplete, though most of the basic SAX2 events should be available. The SAX2 spec is currently available from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/perl-xml/libxml-perl/doc/sax-2.0.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html A more friendly URL as well as a PODification of the spec are in the works. METHODS
The methods defined in this class correspond to those listed in the PerlSAX2 specification, available above. FEATURES AND CAVEATS
supported_features Returns: * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities * http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities * [ Features supported by ancestors ] Turning one of the first two on also turns the other on (this maps to the XML::Parser ParseParamEnts option). This may be fixed in the future, so don't rely on this behaviour. MISSING PARTS
XML::Parser has no listed callbacks for the following events, which are therefore not presently generated (ways may be found in the future): * ignorable_whitespace * skipped_entity * start_entity / end_entity * resolve_entity Ways of signalling them are welcome. In addition to those, set_document_locator is not yet called. TODO
- reuse Ken's tests and add more AUTHOR
Robin Berjon; stolen from Ken Macleod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us, and with suggestions and feedback from perl-xml. Currently maintained by Bjoern Hoehrmann <http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Robin Berjon. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser::PerlSAX perl v5.16.2 2008-06-30 Expat(3)