Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Partial Write for sockets in LINUX Post 302523421 by sanushchacko on Thursday 19th of May 2011 12:07:36 AM
Old 05-19-2011
Thank you all very much for your answers. The real problem is i cannot perform the write infinitely/BLOCKING mode, since there are lot of other clients waiting the response from server. Let me try some code changes with inputs from your answers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linux BSD sockets blocking issue

I am using BSD TCP sockets under Debian Linux 2.6 and no matter what I do, the socket blocks on recv. I have set O_NONBLOCK and O_NDELAY using fcntl to no effect. Any ideas ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmb
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

3. Programming

c++, raw sockets, stopping kernel write in header?

Hi, im trying to lern about raw sockets with my debian and c++. Tried to make a icmp and tcp packet and send it with sendto. Checked on wireshark and recognized that kernel changed my headers. So searched about stopping the kernel change the header and tried it with setsockopt, like said in at this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandcastle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Print partial line/partial field

Hello, this is probably a simple request but I've been toying with it for a while. I have a large list of devices and commands that were run with a script, now I have lines such as: a-router-hostname-C#show ver I want to print everything up to (and excluding) the # and everything after it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to bulk changing partial file name in Linux?

I have a bunch of database files in a directory. Their name are like: 1234_ABCD_01.dbf, 28hrs_ABCD_02.dbf I want to change them in bulk to: 1234_XXXU_01.dbf, 28hrs_XXXU_02.dbf. I mean I just want to replace ABCD by XXXU. don't change other part of the file name and the contents of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

6. Programming

Sockets (C under Linux)

Hi, I have to write an UDP broadcast. It works so far, but how can I get the actual network address at runtime? Should run under Linux and Unix (Solaris). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peng1967
1 Replies

7. Programming

help: problem with sockets write/read

I am trying to make a server and client, the client will choose between some options and the server will react accordingly. After a some reads and writes that work the server needs to read from client an INT i use this: read(newSd,&k,sizeof(int));But even if all the other times there was no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theSling
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

root cannot write to Linux RAM

void main() { long ((long)(&array)); int x; for (;;) { (array) =+ 1023; printf("%c", array); } } What is wrong with this code to print Linux RAM? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
13 Replies

9. Red Hat

SE Linux write permission denied

Hi, In my server I am getting below errors in "/var/log/messages": Oct 8 14:45:44 LKOGOMEEMM01 kernel: type=1400 audit(1444295744.792:15818): avc: denied { write } for pid=53421 comm="ip" path="/var/VRTSvcs/log/tmp/IPMultiNIC-8" dev=dm-0 ino=2754879 scontext=system_u:system_r:ifconfig_t:s0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
4 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)