Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to find missing disks on Sun x4150 without reboot? Post 302523364 by aixlover on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 04:45:25 PM
Old 05-18-2011
I installed the StorageTek Raid Manager called arcconf that can see all the physical disks.

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun internal disks and HBA card

I have a V490 that has couple internal disks attached to the same dual-port HBA card that I'm planning attach to the SAN for additional storage. Would I sacrifice performance if I use the same HBA? Is it better to throw in a new HBA instead? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disks - Sun Enterprise 220R and SF 280R

Hi, I have SE 220R with 2 disks mirrored using SVM and running OS - solaris 9. Because of performance issues on 220R I'd like to move the OS/application data to SF 280R. Having found that SF280R will only support Fiber channel disks, I am now wondering how to move complete data from SCSI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

missing raid array after reboot

Dear all , i ve configured raid 0 in redhat machine(VM ware), by following steps: #mdadm -C /dev/md0 -l 0 -n 2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 #mkfs.ext3 /dev/md0 #mdadm --detail --scan --config=mdadm.conf >/etc/mdadm.conf then mounted the/dev/md0 device and also added a entry in fstab. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Reboot causes disks in Resync State

Dear Team, This time i am facing some new problems which is beyond my thinking. I need some expert advice. We are having 4 Servers ( 2 nos Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 & 2 nos of SF e2900 Servers ). Both the T5220 Servers are Termed as Node A and Node B . The same things are followed with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrade Sun x4150 ELOM issue

Hi, I was trying to upgrade firmware for this Sun x4150 from ELOM to ILOM. I did it under GUI ELOM Manager > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade. It then showed 'Someone is upgrading firmware' and took forever. I believe its hung due to unknown reason (wrong file used?). I poweroff and poweron the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. Fedora

Missing entries in log files just before/after reboot

Hello world, One of the servers, a Fedora one,rebooted today (Luckily, a testbox). I tried to get the reason the server rebooted. After going through the messages, I think that the log entries just before and after reboot are missing. Please below: (****** is the server name, for privacy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation - Disks missing, and Raid

Hey everyone. First, let me start by saying I'm primarily focused on linux boxes, and just happened to get pulled into building two T5220's. I'm not super educated on sun boxes. Both T5220's have 8 146GB 15k SAS drives. Inside the service processor, I can run SHOW /SYS/HDD{0-7} and they all come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Disks missing from /devices folder. Not sure why.

Help Please! I picked up a V440 and it has 4 disks. I installed Solaris fine to disk 3, but I cannot see the other disks in Solaris. I have run probe-scsi-all from OBP and I see the other disks and they have names in devalias AFAIK. It's just in Solaris they do not appear. I have run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg1975
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Missing ASM Disks in Solaris 11.3 LDOM

Hi Guys, Just a quick question hopefully someone will have seen this before and will be able to enlighten me. I have been doing some Infrastructure Verification Testing and one of the tests was booting the primary domain from alternate disks, this all went well - however on restarting one of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
7 Replies
VGREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGREDUCE(8)

NAME
vgreduce - reduce a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgreduce [-a|--all] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--removemissing] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName [Physi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgreduce allows you to remove one or more unused physical volumes from a volume group. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -a, --all Removes all empty physical volumes if none are given on command line. --removemissing Removes all missing physical volumes from the volume group, if there are no logical volumes allocated on those. This resumes normal operation of the volume group (new logical volumes may again be created, changed and so on). If this is not possible (there are logical volumes referencing the missing physical volumes) and you cannot or do not want to remove them manually, you can run this option with --force to have vgreduce remove any partial LVs. Any logical volumes and dependent snapshots that were partly on the missing disks get removed completely. This includes those parts that lie on disks that are still present. If your logical volumes spanned several disks including the ones that are lost, you might want to try to salvage data first by acti- vating your logical volumes with --partial as described in lvm (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgextend(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGREDUCE(8)