Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Normalize Data and write to a flat file Post 302523358 by danmero on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 03:33:34 PM
Old 05-18-2011
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|";print "ID","Col_Name","Value"}!(NR-1){split($0,l,FS);next}{for(o=1;++o<NF;){split($o,_,",");for(O=0;O++<length(_);){print $1,l[o],_[O]}}}' file

Please remove the colors from your original post and use [code] tags.

Last edited by danmero; 05-18-2011 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Post 2k ;)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Data Positioning from Columns in a flat file.

Hi All, I have used this forum many times to solve my many scripting problems. This time, I would like to seek some answers to a problem that I've been head scratching quite a bit on. My Example: I am converting a 2000-byte file into a 300-byte file this file has no delimiters and hardly any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oott1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi, I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records. The columns values are seperated by a space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data into flat file thru unix

Hi, I need to extract a oracle staging table to a flat file thru unix batch process.We are expecting more than 4million records in the table.I know I can do it using "UTL_FILE" .But,since "UTL_FILE" takes a lot of time I am looking for better options.Can any body suggest some better options? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beena
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read a flat file containing XML data

I have a file something like this:aaaa.xml content of the file is 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <storeInformation xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <s> <BRANCH_NO>3061</BRANCH_NO> <BRANCH_NAME>GREEN EXPRESS</BRANCH_NAME> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML data in a FLAT FILE

I have a requirement to read the xml file and split the files into two diffrent files in Unix shell script. Could anyone please help me out with this requirement. Sample file --------------- 0,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <Information... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data is available or not in a flat file generated by Oracle

Hello, please help me an the below issue. i need to check whether data is available or not in a flat file generated by oracle (sometimes sql didn't any records) to overcome this. without opening flat file. Thanks....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting data from a flat file based on condition

Hi, I have a flaty file from which i am fetching few columns in tablular form as below code. Now i want to fetch the column 6 and 7 in below code only if it either of them is non zero.However below startement awk -F, '$6==0 && $7==0{exit 1}' ${IFILE} is not working..Not sure where is the... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
36 Replies

10. Programming

Need sql query to string split and normalize data

Hello gurus, I have data in one of the oracle tables as as below: Column 1 Column 2 1 NY,NJ,CA 2 US,UK, 3 AS,EU,NA fyi, Column 2 above has data delimited with a comma as shown. I need a sql query the produce the below output in two columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
5 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)