Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sysctl help needed.(Server Hardening). Post 302523325 by methyl on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 12:10:19 PM
Old 05-18-2011
Depending on what O/S you actually have...
Might be:
Code:
net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts = 1

If you disable this your server will not answer "ping" or "traceroute" and there will be more side-effects.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Any knowledge for sysctl?

HI folks. I am developing a protocol and I need to bind to an IP address that is not configured to my machine. The problem is with bind(). The sysctl system call seamed to overcome the problem of bind if you set the proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_nonlocal_bind flag. Although I tryed to set the flag either... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any leads to hardening UNIX

Hi! I am trying to get info/best practices/how-to harden unix, especially solaris! Appreciate any leads please..................... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Hardening Solaris 10

So I've just done my first install of Solaris. I installed it on an x86 system and am now in the processing of figuring out what I need to do to 'harden' it. I've got the Security kit downloaded (jass) but I am not sure what to do with the .tar file. I can't seem to find any easy steps to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flood
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Hardening Solaris

What do we need to do to harden a freshly installed solaris OS? like disable telnet, no ftp for root etc...What all services you need to stop? How to check what ports are open? etc etc....please provide all tips that come to your mind...thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sun server needed

Hello, I'm searching for a sun server with solaris 10 OS to be used for backup ,the server will hold .tar backups from different servers ,size of backups will not be more than 90GB ,I need your suggestions for suitable server with acceptable price since I have a little experience with SUN... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
17 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

C-ICAP Hardening

Does anyone have any experience hardening the c-icap.conf file? Here is the default config file, it has a lot of options; sorry about how long it is. I have removed some entries that were not needed as well, but it is still so long :D. Any help is much appreciated as I have never dealt with ICAP. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
0 Replies

7. Linux

Password hardening using pam

Hi We have a requirement to vary the minimum password criteria by the group to which a user belongs. For example a standard user should have a password with a minimum length of 12 and containing a mix of characters whereas an administrator should have a password with a minimum length of 14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregsih
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)