Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace space with the help of sed Post 302523119 by thearpit on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 02:44:20 AM
Old 05-18-2011
Thanks a lot..it works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 2 Occurances of Space (sed)

I have a large file that looks like the below output: system SUNWxwmod X Window System kernel modules system SUNWxwoft X Window System optional fonts system SUNWxwopt X Window System Optional Clients system ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hxman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace space partial

source "PUT 810 712 0001 ILC AK4 00 0 00 00" It needs to be changed to "PUT,810,712,0001,ILC,AK4 00 0 00 00" Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janex
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed the find the third , and replace with a space

Dear All, I am new here. Could anyone help to find a sed script for replace the third "," to " "? input: abc,def,ghi,jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz output: abc,def,ghi jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz Many thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed- Replace space in filename by a \

`echo $file | sed 's/ / /g'` Hey guys I want help in converting the spaces in my file names to '\ ' . Example: UK maps --> UK\ maps Could someone please help me. I have tried the following sequences already (none of them work): 1)s/ /\ /g 2)s/ /\\ /g 3)s/ /\\\ /g Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space with !@ using sed

Hello I have a requirement where I need to replace space :61 with !@ :61 Source :60F:123 :61:151 :61:151 :61:15101 Target :60F:123 :61:151!@:61:151!@:61:15101 I cant use and command as I don't want the tab to be converted . commands not working : sed 's/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamijia83
5 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim61/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)