Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions help with linux terminal window Post 302523042 by Corona688 on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 03:49:48 PM
Old 05-17-2011
provide which access to what users?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I dial a number from the terminal window?

Hi Folks, Just for the record: I am a Mac User. But I believe my question is a simple UNIX FBSD question. My problem: I need to learn how to "pick up" the telephone line and dial a number from an Unix shell or shell script execution. My modem is at /dev/cu.modem Why I need it? I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Find and activate a terminal window

I am writing some java code to automate running an application on a Sun system. The application opens 9 terminal windows. Of those nine windows, I have to find two and give them focus long enough to send a keystroke. Since there seems to be no way to do this using java, is there a unix command I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp1jrv
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Script to launch terminal window?

Hi, I am a newbie here. Trying to find a way of writing a script to launch multiple terminal or console windows on solaris 9. I used to be able to do this using cmdtool on older versions of solaris and it was even possible to configure the size and screen position of the window and the title. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerta
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I list all users from a terminal window in MAC?

Hi, What command is needed to find all or certain users from a terminal window in MAC OS X 10.5? Where is a list of categorized commands that could help me find answers similar to this particular question? Thanks. Juan Dent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juan Dent
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preventing the terminal window to resize

I am running Terminal (xterm) on FreeBSD and XFCE. When opening a new terminal window so that an additional tab appears, the window resizes to become taller and partially hiding behind the task bar. I noticed that Xubuntu has fixed this feature and the window does not resize when opening a second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of the terminal window

Hi, I am programming a script that shows a figure on screen but I would be centered, so What I have to use command to get the size of the window? Thanks a lot, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gengis-Kahn
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming terminal window titlebar

Could someone please inform me of how to permanently change the titlebar name in terminal windows on solaris. I know how to do the xterm and all that but I need it so anytime anyone opens the terminal window it says something i want it too instead of "terminal". Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amason0508
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Terminal window unknown ?

Hi all I haven't worked much in the terminal window until recently as I'm trying to install the Imagemagick package, it's not going well but thats another matter. I'm worried now that I might have done something wrong. When I open the terminal window now I get unknown-e0-f8-47-0d-1b-02:~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttmt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid error on terminal window!

Hi Guys, I am using simple ls command to find out whether the dir exist there or not. If dir found than remove. But the problem is I don't want the error shown on the terminal window that "dir not found" on the terminal window everytime i execute it. The code I am using is: set x = `/bin/ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
svnserve.conf(5)						File Formats Manual						  svnserve.conf(5)

NAME
svnserve.conf - Repository configuration file for svnserve SYNOPSIS
repository-path/conf/svnserve.conf DESCRIPTION
svnserve.conf controls the behavior of the svnserve daemon on a per-repository basis. It is located in the conf subdirectory of the repos- itory. The overall structure of the file is the same as the structure of Subversion user configuration files. At the top level are sections, which are specified by words in square brackets; inside each section are variable definitions of the form "variable = value". Lines begin- ning with '#' are ignored. svnserve.conf currently uses only one section named "general", and supports the following variables: anon-access = none|read|write Determines the access level for unauthenticated users. write access allows all repository operations. read access allows all opera- tions except committing and changing revision properties. none access allows no access. The default level is read. auth-access = none|read|write Determines the access level for authenticated users, using the same access levels as above. The default level is write. password-db = filename Sets the location of the password database. filename may be relative to the repository conf directory. There is no default value. The password database has the same overall format as this file. It uses only one section "users"; each variable within the section is a username, and each value is a password. realm = realm-name Sets the authentication realm of the repository. If two repositories have the same password database, they should have the same realm, and vice versa; this association allows clients to use a single cached password for several repositories. The default realm value is the repository's uuid. EXAMPLE
The following example svnserve.conf allows read access for authenticated users, no access for anonymous users, points to a passwd database in the same directory, and defines a realm name. [general] anon-access = none auth-access = read password-db = passwd realm = My First Repository The file "passwd" would look like: [users] joeuser = joepassword jayrandom = randomjay SEE ALSO
svnserve(8) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWsvn | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Subversion is available on http://opensolaris.org. svnserve.conf(5)