Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Fetch html page convert to pdf automatically via cmd or other means, shortcut Post 302523021 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 01:29:30 PM
Old 05-17-2011
A pdf printer looks like a postscript printer but writes a PDF file, as you desire. The printing app does not know it is not paper.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to search man page (pdf file)

I'm not sure is it just only me or something. I try to download man page documentation from SUN.COM. However, it seems I can't search what I looking for in SUN man page. I try to search "passwd" but it return me a word "less" why this pdf can't search or is it require specific plugin to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to fetch data from HTML

Hi All, There is a link from were I usually search somthing and fetch the data from. Is there any way to automate it through a script if I mention search criteria in a note pad. I mean the script to search the content on the notepad and resutls should be placed into another file. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indradev
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing HTML with variables from an array or other means

Hello! I wish to create a script that will automate the creation of HTML files... for example, if my HTML starts out containing: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title>$TITLE</title> </head> I want to put that into something that I can read and write later on. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tntelle
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi, I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ") print "Content-type:application/pdf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML to PDF...

Hello, I am new to UNIX system. I want to convert HTML file to some non-editable format as we ship this doc to our customer. I am looking for following scripts/utilities: 1. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in PDF format. 2. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in Postscript format. 3.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Swami
4 Replies
PDFTOHTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PDFTOHTML(1)

NAME
pdftohtml - program to convert pdf files into html, xml and png images SYNOPSIS
pdftohtml [options] <PDF-file> [<html-file> <xml-file>] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pdftohtml command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pdftohtml is a program that converts pdf documents into html. It generates its output in the current working directory. OPTIONS
A summary of options are included below. -h, -help Show summary of options. -f <int> first page to print -l <int> last page to print -q dont print any messages or errors -v print copyright and version info -p exchange .pdf links with .html -c generate complex output -i ignore images -noframes generate no frames. Not supported in complex output mode. -stdout use standard output -zoom <fp> zoom the pdf document (default 1.5) -xml output for XML post-processing -enc <string> output text encoding name -opw <string> owner password (for encrypted files) -upw <string> user password (for encrypted files) -hidden force hidden text extraction -dev output device name for Ghostscript (png16m, jpeg etc) -nomerge do not merge paragraphs -nodrm override document DRM settings AUTHOR
Pdftohtml was developed by Gueorgui Ovtcharov and Rainer Dorsch. It is based and benefits a lot from Derek Noonburg's xpdf package. This manual page was written by Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). PDFTOHTML(1)