Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Fetch html page convert to pdf automatically via cmd or other means, shortcut Post 302523021 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 01:29:30 PM
Old 05-17-2011
A pdf printer looks like a postscript printer but writes a PDF file, as you desire. The printing app does not know it is not paper.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to search man page (pdf file)

I'm not sure is it just only me or something. I try to download man page documentation from SUN.COM. However, it seems I can't search what I looking for in SUN man page. I try to search "passwd" but it return me a word "less" why this pdf can't search or is it require specific plugin to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to fetch data from HTML

Hi All, There is a link from were I usually search somthing and fetch the data from. Is there any way to automate it through a script if I mention search criteria in a note pad. I mean the script to search the content on the notepad and resutls should be placed into another file. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indradev
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing HTML with variables from an array or other means

Hello! I wish to create a script that will automate the creation of HTML files... for example, if my HTML starts out containing: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title>$TITLE</title> </head> I want to put that into something that I can read and write later on. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tntelle
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi, I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ") print "Content-type:application/pdf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML to PDF...

Hello, I am new to UNIX system. I want to convert HTML file to some non-editable format as we ship this doc to our customer. I am looking for following scripts/utilities: 1. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in PDF format. 2. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in Postscript format. 3.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Swami
4 Replies
QPDFVIEW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QPDFVIEW(1)

NAME
qpdfview - tabbed PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
qpdfview [options] [file(s)[#page[#top]]] DESCRIPTION
qpdfview is a simple document viewer for PDF documents. It uses the poppler library for rendering. OPTIONS
--unique If an instance of qpdfview is started with this option, any files that are opened using this option afterwards, are opened as tabs in this same window. If a file is already opened in a tab of the respective window, it is merely reloaded using this option. [file(s)[#page[#top]]] Specifies the files to open when qpdfview starts. If this is not specified, qpdfview will open a blank window. Multiple files can be loaded in separate tabs if the file names are separated by spaces. The optional parameter #page opens the file at the given page. The optional parameter #top can take values between 0 and 1 and opens the page with the given position aligned to the top of the tab. (See examples.) CONFIGURATION FILE
qpdfview uses a configuration file usually located at "~/.config/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf", which allows configuration of the toolbars and thumbnails. The keys "fileToolBar", "editToolBar" and "viewToolBar" are added to the section "mainWindow". Their values are comma-separated lists. The default (available) entries are: fileToolBar: openInNewTab, refresh (open, saveCopy, print) editToolBar: currentPage, numberOfPages, previousPage, nextPage (firstPage, lastPage, jumpToPage, search) viewToolBar: scaleFactor, zoomIn, zoomOut (onePage, twoPages, oneColumn, twoColumns, fitToPage, fitToPageWidth, doNotScale, rotateLeft, rotateRight, fullscreen, presentation) The order of the items in the list defines the order of the items in the toolbar. (See examples.) Setting the keys "thumbnailWidth" and "thumbnailHeight" in the section "documentView" specifies the size of the thumbnails. The icon theme used by Qt can be overridden by setting the key "iconTheme" in the section "mainWindow". EXAMPLES
The command qpdfview foo.pdf#3#0.5 bar.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first tab with the middle of page 3 aligned to the top of the tab and bar.pdf in the second tab at the begin- ning of the document. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo.pdf#5 opens foo.pdf and bar.pdf, then reloads foo.pdf and displays its page 5. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf qpdfview bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo1.pdf bar1.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first window, bar.pdf in a second window and then foo1.pdf and bar1.pdf in additional tabs in the first window. Adding the lines fileToolBar=openInNewTab, refresh, saveCopy, print editToolBar=firstPage, previousPage, currentPage, numberOfPages, nextPage, lastPage, search viewToolBar=zoomOut, scaleFactor, zoomIn, oneColumn, twoColumns, rotateLeft, rotateRight in section "mainWindow" of the configuration file leads to the corresponding items being displayed in the given order in the tool- bars. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://launchpad.net/qpdfview. AUTHOR
Benjamin Eltzner <b.eltzner@gmx.de> March 2012 QPDFVIEW(1)