Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interview madness
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Interview madness Post 302522972 by pludi on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 11:07:21 AM
Old 05-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
"Thieves should know that retina scanners don't work when the eye is removed from the socket!"
Reminds me of this Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network madness

well here's the situation .... the setup - cisco 800 series router , 2 cisco 1900 switches , which connect abt 15 pc's . the task - establish a connection with a remote server through a digital line (64kbps) the problem - 7 pcs connected to one of the two switches do not connect to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Interview Questions

hi everybody, my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samir_sinu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview question....help

what distros have you selected in the past, for which applications, and why did you choose them? Would you make the same choices again, knowing what you know now? Any help will be really appreciated!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 versions, 1 script (A tale of madness.)

So, I have a machine running solaris (x86) and it has two different versions of Math::BigInt installed on it. The older version is 1.77. The newer version is 1.87 (via activeperl). When I run my code, one of the modules I use needs at least version 1.78. Somehow, it defaults to looking at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions for the interview

Hi guys, i'm undergoing a traning in solaris administration and i request if any one have an idea on the interview questions on solaris. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 038karthik
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview question

A process(apache/webservice) is continually writing a log(it is a single log, there are no several logs with different file names) onto a unix system. the file system is filling up. How do you handle the situation. Is there a way to handle this situation without killing the parent process.(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Job Interview

Hi, I'm new to the forums! I'm currently in the process of changing careers back into IT after a 2 year hiatus. I had an interview at a big company for a Linux Systems Administrator role and have been called back for a second interview in which they are going to grill me with Linux questions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barnicle
1 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)