Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interview madness
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Interview madness Post 302522948 by pludi on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 08:50:32 AM
Old 05-17-2011
Computer Interview madness

A discussion elsewhere got me thinking: What where the most insane/amusing/strange interview questions or answers you got/gave? Not overly technical stuff, but questions that made you go "Huh?" (And keeping with this forums main Idea: "No technical Q&A")

I'll start...
Quote:
Interviewer: What Linux distributions did you work with so far?
Me: Mainly Debian, but also SuSE, Fedora, Gentoo, and LFS (Linux from scratch)
Interviewer: Gentoo, huh? I guess we can skip the other Linux questions...
Quote:
(Same interview)
Interviewer: How would you explain the need for computer security to a non-technical person?
Me: Well, computer security is like the condom in your back-pocket. You might never need it, but if you don't have it when it's needed you'll probably pay dearly for a long time.
Interviewer: ....
Interviewer: Can we use that quote?
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network madness

well here's the situation .... the setup - cisco 800 series router , 2 cisco 1900 switches , which connect abt 15 pc's . the task - establish a connection with a remote server through a digital line (64kbps) the problem - 7 pcs connected to one of the two switches do not connect to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Interview Questions

hi everybody, my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samir_sinu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview question....help

what distros have you selected in the past, for which applications, and why did you choose them? Would you make the same choices again, knowing what you know now? Any help will be really appreciated!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 versions, 1 script (A tale of madness.)

So, I have a machine running solaris (x86) and it has two different versions of Math::BigInt installed on it. The older version is 1.77. The newer version is 1.87 (via activeperl). When I run my code, one of the modules I use needs at least version 1.78. Somehow, it defaults to looking at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions for the interview

Hi guys, i'm undergoing a traning in solaris administration and i request if any one have an idea on the interview questions on solaris. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 038karthik
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interview question

A process(apache/webservice) is continually writing a log(it is a single log, there are no several logs with different file names) onto a unix system. the file system is filling up. How do you handle the situation. Is there a way to handle this situation without killing the parent process.(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Job Interview

Hi, I'm new to the forums! I'm currently in the process of changing careers back into IT after a 2 year hiatus. I had an interview at a big company for a Linux Systems Administrator role and have been called back for a second interview in which they are going to grill me with Linux questions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barnicle
1 Replies
doctools_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools					      doctools_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools_lang_faq - doctools language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the doctools markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCTOOLS EXAMPLES? The most examples of doctools markup currently known can be found in the Tcllib and Tklib package bundles where basically the documentation of all packages is written in it. In Tcllib you will also find the sources for the doctools documentation themselves, which makes use of nearly all of the available markup commands. You need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
doctools_lang_cmdref, doctools_lang_intro, doctools_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
doctools commands, doctools language, doctools markup, doctools syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctools_lang_faq(n)