Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: monitoring script
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat monitoring script Post 302522891 by sriniv666 on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 01:55:38 AM
Old 05-17-2011
hi ygemici ... it sounds gud , thanQ for valuable postSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring script

hi can someone help me to write a script to monitor the growth of the directory running at 5 hours interval and then pipe it to a file :(? i only know the manual command "du -sk" and the worst i dun know anything about script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitoring script

i have a unix batch written in c, dealing with really time-consuming database operations i want to write a ksh script to monitor its performance. which items i should monitor? do you have any suggestions? 1)cputime 2)swap area 3)pmem 4) 5) what else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring Script

Hi, I want to write a script that will monitor cpu,mem usage and disk usage for entire day and data will be redirected to file, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Monitoring Script

Dear All, I am new to Shell Programming, but I need a script which will monitor the different IP's in the live logs. Condition:- The script will monitor the logs continously and should print only those IP's which exists more than 3 times per day. Please do help me. Thanks and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archivelog monitoring Script

Could anyone please help? I have written a small program that's actually working fine for me and extracting all the details I required. What code does is, it goes to all archivelog directories and see if archivelog backup was failed or successful <<CODE>> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Monitoring script

Hi Gurus, Currently I am learning UNIX through online forums and unix blogs. I have the below requirement. I need to write a script to monitor server processes. For example, there are 3 processes currently running on the server.(java, pmrepagent, pmserver). If any of the process goes down,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script

Hi, I want to write script that monitors particular ports in a server. I completed the script but.... If the server is restarted i need manually start the script.. Is there any way i can make the script start by it self after the server reboot........ Thanks, Firestar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script which will grep for error codes in a file and if the count for the same is about 500 it will send and smpp alert. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #########################################################################################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a monitoring script

I currently have a shellscript to check the size of a filesystem and email me if the size is over a certain percentage (80%). I have this script on crontab and executes the shell every 10 mins. I have the above in place on 8 servers. It so happens that a file system on one of the servers is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goddevil
1 Replies
CYTUNE(8)						       System Administration							 CYTUNE(8)

NAME
cytune - tune driver parameters for Cyclades-Z multiport serial card SYNOPSIS
cytune [options] tty [...] DESCRIPTION
cytune queries and modifies the interruption threshold for the Cyclades driver. Each serial line on a Cyclades card has a 12-byte FIFO for input (and another 12-byte FIFO for output). The "threshold" specifies how many input characters must be present in the FIFO before an interruption is raised. When a Cyclades tty is opened, this threshold is set to a default value based on baud rate: Baud Threshold 50-4800 10 9600 8 19200 4 38400 2 57600-150000 1 If the threshold is set too low, the large number of interruptions can load the machine and decrease overall system throughput. If the threshold is set too high, the FIFO buffer can overflow, and characters will be lost. Slower machines, however, may not be able to deal with the interrupt load, and will require that the threshold be adjusted upwards. If the cyclades driver was compiled with ENABLE_MONITORING defined, the cytune command can be used with the -q option to report interrupts over the monitoring interval and characters transferred over the monitoring interval. It will also report the state of the FIFO. The max- imum number of characters in the FIFO when an interrupt occurred, the instantaneous count of characters in the FIFO, and how many charac- ters are now in the FIFO are reported. This output might look like this: /dev/cubC0: 830 ints, 9130 chars; fifo: 11 threshold, 11 max, 11 now 166.259866 interrupts/second, 1828.858521 characters/second This output indicates that for this monitoring period, the interrupts were always being handled within one character time, because max never rose above threshold. This is good, and you can probably run this way, provided that a large number of samples come out this way. You will lose characters if you overrun the FIFO, as the Cyclades hardware does not seem to support the RTS RS-232 signal line for hardware flow control from the DCE to the DTE. In query mode cytune will produce a summary report when ended with a SIGINT or when the threshold or timeout is changed. There may be a responsiveness vs. throughput tradeoff. The Cyclades card, at the higher speeds, is capable of putting a very high inter- rupt load on the system. This will reduce the amount of CPU time available for other tasks on your system. However, the time it takes to respond to a single character may be increased if you increase the threshold. This might be noticed by monitoring ping(8) times on a SLIP link controlled by a Cyclades card. If your SLIP link is generally used for interactive work such as telnet(1), you may want to leave the threshold low, so that characters are responded to as quickly as possible. If your SLIP link is generally used for file transfer, WWW, and the like, setting the FIFO to a high value is likely to reduce the load on your system while not significantly affecting throughput. Alternatively, see the -t or -T options to adjust the time that the cyclades waits before flushing its buffer. Units are 5ms. If you are running a mouse on a Cyclades port, it is likely that you would want to maintain the threshold and timeout at a low value. OPTIONS
-s, --set-threshold value Set the current threshold to value characters. Note that if the tty is not being held open by another process, the threshold will be reset on the next open. Only values between 1 and 12, inclusive, are permitted. -t, --set-flush value Set the current flush timeout to value units. Note that if the tty is not being held open by another process, the threshold will be reset on the next open. Only values between 0 and 255, inclusive, are permitted. Setting value to zero forces the default, cur- rently 0x20 (160ms), but soon to be 0x02 (10ms). Units are 5 ms. -g, --get-threshold Get the current threshold and timeout. -S, --set-default-threshold value Set the default threshold to value characters. When the tty is next opened, this value will be used instead of the default. Only values between 1 and 12, inclusive, are permitted. -T, --set-default-flush value Set the default flush timeout to value units. When the tty is next opened, this value will be used instead of the default. If value is zero, then the value will default to 0x20 (160ms), soon to be 0x02 (10ms). -G, --get-glush Get the default threshold and flush timeout values. -q, --stats Gather statistics about the tty. The results are only valid if the Cyclades driver has been compiled with ENABLE_MONITORING defined. This is probably not the default. -i, --interval interval Statistics will be gathered every interval seconds. BUGS
If you run two copies of cytune at the same time to report statistics about the same port, the 'ints', 'chars', and 'max' value will be reset and not reported correctly. cytune should prevent this, but does not. FILES
/dev/ttyC[0-8] /dev/cubC[0-8] SEE ALSO
setserial(8) AVAILABILITY
The cytune command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 CYTUNE(8)