Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compress then Delete
Top Forums Web Development Compress then Delete Post 302522856 by MrDude on Monday 16th of May 2011 10:23:20 PM
Old 05-16-2011
i don't have total control over the machine... everything is going to be done through a web interface.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compress in Unix

I tried Compress ; gzip and bzip . And they don't always compress files to small . Can someone tell me if there is any compress tool better than those ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sasuke
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compress in linux

hi i need to use compress command in redhat8, it's not there please help regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and compress

I need to compress and tar a couple files in a directory, but I also want the original files unchanged, ie if I compress a1.cpp , then a1.cpp becomes a1.cpp.z, but what I want after running the compress utility is to have both a1.cpp as it is and a1.cpp.z and then tar a1.cpp.z to an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compress & delete files in ksh

Hi, I would like to know how to go about writing a script to compress & deleate old files from /var/mqm/log file system. I am a complete beginner and would love it if someone could actually give me the code for this. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumar
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to compress

People i have files.arc i need to compress one by one...but they need to have the same date for example jan 30 1234.arc jan 30 12334.arc jan 30 rejrne.arc jan 30 e423e4.arc jan 30 afdhnfhd.arc jan 31 aresdfds.arc I need to compres the jan 30 .arc only thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress folder

hi guys, i've read that i need to use tar first before gzip. just wanted to be sure if there's no way of compressing a folder with all its files like winzip in windows? using tar then gzip in unix, i will need to open 2 zip files in order to get the files unlike winzip. i'd appreciate any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress and delete folders

Hello, can someone help me to create a short script that tar.gz all folders form a specific folder and the delete the folders themself (without deleting the tar.gz created files)? Moreover I'd like to add it on crontab and run it each day. For example: in /tmp I have: /tmp/test/test1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab80
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compress and delete the older logs

Hello Guys, Can you please help me with a script which zips the older log files(1-2 weeks) and delete them? I want to run the script manually instead of setting it up in a cron job. Appreciate your help. Regards, Kris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kriss.gv
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress every file

Dear Experts, I am new to this forum. Thank you for moderator to allow me to join. I have a question about automatic compression using sh and crontab on an application which runs on the Suse Linux Server 11 SP4. My question is how to compress every file in a directory into its own tar... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven_2975
5 Replies
TWIGLET(1)							   User's Manual							TWIGLET(1)

NAME
twiglet - observe or control an RVC-enabled machine's console SYNOPSIS
twiglet [OPTION]... host-specification DESCRIPTION
twiglet is a program for controlling another machine's console. It works using the RVC protocol, and an RVC server (such as rvcd(1)) must be running on the machine to be observed. Using twiglet, the a best effort attempt is made to duplicate the screen contents of the observed machine. If the machine is displaying a virtual text console, the text on the console is rendered in the terminal in which twiglet runs. If the machine is displaying an X ses- sion, and the RVC server supports VNC integration, twiglet will open a window that contains the current contents of the X display. It is also possible to control the observed machine in various ways. With keyboard control enabled (and with support from the RVC server), keys may be sent to the observed machine in text console mode almost as if they were typed from the keyboard. Twiglet also supports switching virtual console on the observed machine. Finally, if VNC integration is available, the X display can be manipulated almost as if the user were at the console. The intended use for twiglet is in training and teaching environments. The idea is that there are student machines and a control machine (which the trainer or teacher would be using), with a serial line attached to each student machine. The trainer or teacher can then ana- lyse the students' attempts to complete tasks, and help them out (showing them how to finish it) without needed to push them aside to get to the keyboard. This client is written using ncurses(3X). OPTIONS
--help display a help message and exit successfully --version display a version number and exit successfully -c, --control control the remote machine rather than just observing it -e xy, --escape xy set the escape character and the escape escape character (like screen(1)) The host-specification takes one of the following forms: host:port to connect to an RVC server over TCP tty [host] to communicate with an RVC server over a tty (for example a serial line); the optional hostname is for VNC integration BUGS
I'm sure there are bugs, but I don't know what they are. AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> VTGRAB
20 Sep 2000 TWIGLET(1)