Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while executing disk space script in AIX Post 302522846 by Blytsplyk on Monday 16th of May 2011 09:20:21 PM
Old 05-16-2011
The problem is that you are not eliminating the heading printed by the df command.

Execution yields:
Code:
df -k /home | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'
Use

Change:
Code:
df -k /home | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'

to
Code:
df -k /home | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g | tail -1'

and you should be fine.

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-17-2011 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[AIX] executing script

Hello! I need to run a script from the root user as the other user. I know that I can issue the following command: su - user_name -c "/path_to_script/script_name.sh" But there is a small problem with the above command. I must export a environment variable before I run the script. In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

2. AIX

Disk space error.

Dear All, I am working on AIX 5.2, and I have allocated 3072M disk space to /home filesystem. Now system has no free space at /home filesystem. But when I checked data on /home, I have only 900M data. Please if anybody can tell me about this difference and how this can be resolved. Thank You.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space script

Hi all, Can any one help me in making a disk space script in solaris 8/9 for instance i only want to get those partitions whose diskspace has exceed 70%. Any volunteer? Cheers! BR/asad (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Disk space

:( Hi All, i have 4 linux server for which i want set up script to monitor the disk space ... here my problem is i want the output like graph... also it should reflect in monitor ...as non stop process.. can any one suggest me any way where i can implement the script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Free disk space

Hello, I would like to free some space to install gcc with is about 50M large, and I have no free space on my system. What can I delete? Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Free %Used Iused Ifree %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 262144 145436 116708 56% 7981 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
10 Replies

6. AIX

Determine disk space in AIX

Hi I need to extend a FS in AIX but Im not sure on how to calculate the free space Please advise if my math is correct: -------PP SIZE: 64 megabyte(s) --------TOTAL PPs: 1086 (69504 megabytes) so the total size of volume is 64 * 1086 = 69504 MB (695GB) Free PP is-- FREE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space utilization script

Hi, I wrote the following script for monitoring disk space and inform the concerned team accordingly. But script gives me below error syntax error at line 70 : `<' unmatched #!/bin/ksh . /home/scr/.profile . /home/scr/.infa_env # Get the list of Integration Services ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

8. AIX

Error while executing command in aix box

Hi Folks I get the below error in my aix box. Im not sure if this is an AIX issue or a TWS issue. Please advice me cbspsdb01:/opt/TWS/bin # ./conman status exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./conman because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Subject: value out of range error on a disk with free 40 GB space

Hi, I installed RHEL 6.0 OS on vmware with CREATE CUSTOM LAYOUT option. And I gave the space to different mount points as mentioned below: / 15360MB /boot 200MB /tmp 3072 MB swap 1024 MB fdisk -cul command shows the disk size as 64.4 GB. But when I try to create partion of 10 GB with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GAURAV SRIVASTA
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk space script

i have 3 servers and i am checking for the disk space of a specific mount-point, should not be more than 85 % considering example as below server1 mountpoint_1 has 70% diskutilization server2 mountpoint_1 has 80% diskutilization server3 mountpoint_1 has 7% diskutilization now when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)