Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Licensing
Operating Systems SCO SCO Licensing Post 302522823 by jgt on Monday 16th of May 2011 05:19:45 PM
Old 05-16-2011
The only one year license that I am aware of is for 5.0.7V which is the VMWare product. I don't know if this will correctly activate the standard 5.0.7 product.
All other products are have an infinite term.
The original install date is saved.
Try backdating the CMOS to approximately 30 days ago. (after the last eval install, and before the 60 day expiry) then re-install the license.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ORACLE LICENSING..whats a 'processor' ?

On an AIXv5.2 system, that has power5 processors, I issue the lscfg | grep proc and get + proc0 Processor + proc2 Processor + proc4 Processor lsattr -El proc0 frequency 1904448000 Processor Speed False state enable Processor state False type PowerPC_POWER5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledba
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle licensing

Hello all. I have a question for you. What is the method of licensing for Oracle under HP-UX? Is it just the system name or does it include the IP address also? The reason that I'm asking this is that I'm trying to set up a DR type box. The company has a live K class (yes, that old) running a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Struggling
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with hp-ux licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

sun licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with Sun licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX licensing management

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with AIX licensing management with 4.x and 5.x? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX Reinstallation / Licensing

Hello, We have received a HP Integrity Server rx3600 (itanium architecture) that came with HP-UX on it. The installation of HP-UX is "broken" and it hangs and will not boot. The server did not come with any re installation media. I am just wondering, Legally and within ToS, can I do to restore... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6L71
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl 5.8.8 licensing issues

I have a question about the perl license on Solaris machine. The scenario is we have perl 5.6.1 installed on Solaris server. Our developers are planning to use a module which is not installed on the server. We did search CPAN website and found some availability matrix CPAN Testers Matrix:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Licensing for RHEL

I wanted to know about licensing for RHEL. We have 3 RHELs as virtual machines using Vmware in our company. A 4th instance is required now but there is talk of not having the 4th license as we have only 3 licenses. Apart from this , I wanted to know how to actually practically enable a license for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

9. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies

10. AIX

Hobbyist looking for AIX 5.3 licensing advice...

Hello. I'm a hobbyist who likes to buy old(er) machines on eBay then play around with them (hardware and software). My current project is an IBM RS/6000 43p-150. It came with AIX 5.3 pre-installed, no media or licenses or documentation of any kind. One of the things I like to do is run various... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bminear
4 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)