Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge Two Tables with duplicates in first table Post 302522814 by empyrean on Monday 16th of May 2011 04:51:20 PM
Old 05-16-2011
the code is working, but when it is printing, the columns from first file i.e the concatenated ones are printing in second line..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

squeeze duplicates from a table

I have files with an x amounts of rows with each row having 2 columns seperated by delimiter "|" . File contains following records for example. 15|69 15|70 15|71 15|72 15|73 15|74 16|2 16|3 16|4 16|5 16|6 16|7 16|8 16|9 16|10 16|11 16|12 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex_P
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge multiple tables with perl

Hi everyone, I once again got stuck with merging tables and was wondering if someone could help me out on that problem. I have a number of tab delimited tables which I need to merge into one big one. All tables have the same header but a different number of rows (this could be changed if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple tables into big matrix

Hi all, I have a complex (beyond my biological expertise) problem at hand. I need to merge multiple files into 1 big matrix. Please help me with some code. Inp1 Ang_0 chr1 98 T A Ang_0 chr1 352 G A Ang_0 chr1 425 C T Ang_0 chr2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files without duplicates

Hi all, In a directory of many files, I need to merge only files which do not have identical lines and also the resulatant merge file should not be more than 50000 lines. Basically I need to cover up all text files in that directory and turn them to Merge files.txt with 50000 lines each ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravfraz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merge and remove duplicates

Hi all, I need some help to remove duplicates from a file before merging. I have got 2 files: file1 has data in format 4300 23456 4301 2357 the 4 byte values on the right hand side is uniq, and are not repeated anywhere in the file file 2 has data in same format but is not in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two tables based on a matched column?

Hi, Please excuse me , i have searched unix forum, i am unable to find what i expect , my query is , i have 2 files of same structure and having 1 similar field/column , i need to merge 2 tables/files based on the one matched field/column (that is field 1), file 1:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies
slp(1)							      General Commands Manual							    slp(1)

NAME
slp - set printing options for a non-serial printer SYNOPSIS
cols] indent] lines] pages] pages] DESCRIPTION
sets printer formatting options such as the number of lines per page, number of characters per line, and indentation. These characteris- tics are controlled by the printer driver as described in lp(7). acts on the current standard output. Options recognizes the following options and arguments: Report all option settings. Specify a character printer where backspace characters pass through the driver unchanged. The absence of this option indicates a line printer. The driver takes the necessary action to accommodate backspace characters. Resets the printer back to line-printer mode. Limit the number of columns to be printed to cols. Characters beyond the specified limit are truncated. Reset options to default for the device. This action is not taken until the next open occurs on the device. Indent indent columns before printing the first column. Select cooked mode. Cooked mode must be used with a cooked device special file which is identified by an lp mnemonic that is not preceded by the character Specify the number of lines per page. The last new-line character of each page is changed to a form-feed. Set the page size to infinity. Since the last new-line of the page is never encountered, no new-line characters are changed to form-feeds. Select a raw mode for graphics dumps. All other options are ignored except If the option is not given, is assumed. Eject zero or more pages after the final close of the device. Eject zero or more pages when the device is opened. EXAMPLES
In a typical case, the printer is set to 80 columns, no indentation, with no form-feeds between pages: WARNINGS
Use of the command in conjunction with the spooler (see lp(1)) might cause undesirable side effects. The spooler model files make assump- tions regarding the configuration and can get confused when the default values are altered. Although most options can be altered without difficulty, special problems sometimes result from adjusting the number of lines and the number of columns per page. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
lp(1), ioctl(2), lp(7). slp(1)