Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print number of words in each line Post 302522812 by radoulov on Monday 16th of May 2011 04:49:35 PM
Old 05-16-2011
Code:
awk '{ print $0, NF }' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get line number of different words if exists in same line

I have some txt files. I have to create another text file which contains the portion starting from the format "Date Sex Address" to the end of the file. While using grep -n on Date it also gives me the previous line containg Date. and also Date may be DATE in some files. My file is like this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print only last two words of a line

can u help me out to print last two words of each sentence of a file. for example. contents of input file: i love songs my favourite songs sent songs all kind good buddy Ouput file should contain: love songs favourite songs sent all kind good buddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print two matched words from the same line

Hi experts I need to pick 2 matched words from the same line..... I have given below an example file eg: O14757 hsa04110 hsa04115 2 P38398 hsa04120 1 O15111 hsa04010 hsa04210 hsa04920 hsa04620 hsa04660 hsa04662 hsa05200 hsa05212 hsa05221 hsa05220 hsa05215 hsa05222 hsa05120 13 O14920... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnybio
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selection of line based on line number

Hi Unix gurus Basically i am searching for the pattern and getting the line numbers of the grepped pattern. I am trying to print the series of lines from 7 lines before the grepped line number to the grepped line number. I am trying to use the following code. but it is not working. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the words in the same line with space or to the predefined line?

HI, cat test abc echo "def" >> test output is cat test abc def the needed output is cat test abc def and so on (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and print all repeating words in a line

Gurus, I have a file containing lines like this : Now, number of words in each line varies. My need is, if a word repeats in a line get it printed. Also total number of repeats. So, the output would be : Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script - print the line number along with the line

Hi, I want to print the line number with the pattern of the line on a same line using multi-patterns in sed. But i don't know how to do it. For example, I have a file abc def ghi I want to print 1 abc 2 def 3 ghi I know how to write it one line code, but i don't know how to put... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntpntp
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in a line and print next 15 lines.

I have a text file ( basically a log file) and i have 2 words (alpha, beta), Now i want to search these two words in one line and then print next 15 lines in a temp file. there would be many lines with alpha and beta But I need only last occurrence with "alpha" and "beta" and next 15 lines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of words in line, while loop, search and grep

Hello, What I wish to attain is: - to read fileA line by line - search entire line as string in fileB - when found, grep the next line in fileB - then merge "searched line" and "found line" in a new file, fileC Here is my fileA: T S Eliot J L Borges L Aragon L L Aragon T S Eliot 4 0... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)