Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Licensing
Operating Systems SCO SCO Licensing Post 302522803 by disisit69 on Monday 16th of May 2011 04:23:19 PM
Old 05-16-2011
Thanks for the condescending reply! It has magically solved my problem.

And now, the rest of the story.

I took the gamble of purchasing a 1 year license I found on Google for 247.00 and that key does the same thing. There is obviously a file somewhere that has the original timestamp for when the evaluation expired. At least this is my thought.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ORACLE LICENSING..whats a 'processor' ?

On an AIXv5.2 system, that has power5 processors, I issue the lscfg | grep proc and get + proc0 Processor + proc2 Processor + proc4 Processor lsattr -El proc0 frequency 1904448000 Processor Speed False state enable Processor state False type PowerPC_POWER5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledba
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle licensing

Hello all. I have a question for you. What is the method of licensing for Oracle under HP-UX? Is it just the system name or does it include the IP address also? The reason that I'm asking this is that I'm trying to set up a DR type box. The company has a live K class (yes, that old) running a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Struggling
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with hp-ux licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

sun licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with Sun licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX licensing management

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with AIX licensing management with 4.x and 5.x? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX Reinstallation / Licensing

Hello, We have received a HP Integrity Server rx3600 (itanium architecture) that came with HP-UX on it. The installation of HP-UX is "broken" and it hangs and will not boot. The server did not come with any re installation media. I am just wondering, Legally and within ToS, can I do to restore... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6L71
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl 5.8.8 licensing issues

I have a question about the perl license on Solaris machine. The scenario is we have perl 5.6.1 installed on Solaris server. Our developers are planning to use a module which is not installed on the server. We did search CPAN website and found some availability matrix CPAN Testers Matrix:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Licensing for RHEL

I wanted to know about licensing for RHEL. We have 3 RHELs as virtual machines using Vmware in our company. A 4th instance is required now but there is talk of not having the 4th license as we have only 3 licenses. Apart from this , I wanted to know how to actually practically enable a license for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

9. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies

10. AIX

Hobbyist looking for AIX 5.3 licensing advice...

Hello. I'm a hobbyist who likes to buy old(er) machines on eBay then play around with them (hardware and software). My current project is an IBM RS/6000 43p-150. It came with AIX 5.3 pre-installed, no media or licenses or documentation of any kind. One of the things I like to do is run various... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bminear
4 Replies
TCP_TABLE(5)							File Formats Manual						      TCP_TABLE(5)

NAME
tcp_table - Postfix client/server table lookup protocol SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" tcp:host:port postmap -q - tcp:host:port <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional tables for address rewriting or mail routing. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alterna- tively, table lookups can be directed to a TCP server. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. PROTOCOL DESCRIPTION
The TCP map class implements a very simple protocol: the client sends a request, and the server sends one reply. Requests and replies are sent as one line of ASCII text, terminated by the ASCII newline character. Request and reply parameters (see below) are separated by white- space. Send and receive operations must complete in 100 seconds. REQUEST FORMAT
The tcp_table protocol supports only the lookup request. The request has the following form: get SPACE key NEWLINE Look up data under the specified key. Postfix will not generate partial search keys such as domain names without one or more subdomains, network addresses without one or more least-significant octets, or email addresses without the localpart, address extension or domain portion. This behavior is also found with cidr:, pcre:, and regexp: tables. REPLY FORMAT
Each reply specifies a status code and text. Replies must be no longer than 4096 characters including the newline terminator. 500 SPACE text NEWLINE In case of a lookup request, the requested data does not exist. The text describes the nature of the problem. 400 SPACE text NEWLINE This indicates an error condition. The text describes the nature of the problem. The client should retry the request later. 200 SPACE text NEWLINE The request was successful. In the case of a lookup request, the text contains an encoded version of the requested data. ENCODING
In request and reply parameters, the character %, each non-printing character, and each whitespace character must be replaced by %XX, where XX is the corresponding ASCII hexadecimal character value. The hexadecimal codes can be specified in any case (upper, lower, mixed). The Postfix client always encodes a request. The server may omit the encoding as long as the reply is guaranteed to not contain the % or NEWLINE character. SECURITY
Do not use TCP lookup tables for security critical purposes. The client-server connection is not protected and the server is not authenti- cated. BUGS
Only the lookup method is currently implemented. The client does not hang up when the connection is idle for a long time. SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager regexp_table(5), format of regular expression tables pcre_table(5), format of PCRE tables cidr_table(5), format of CIDR tables README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA Wietse Venema Google, Inc. 111 8th Avenue New York, NY 10011, USA TCP_TABLE(5)