Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fix timestamp with Sed or Awk Post 302522781 by ygemici on Monday 16th of May 2011 03:04:11 PM
Old 05-16-2011
or you can try wıth sed Smilie

Code:
# cat file
Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 9:50:00 +0000

Code:
# sed 's/\(.*\)\(\b[0-9]\)\(:[^ ]*:[^ ]*.*\)/\10\2\3/' file
Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 09:50:00 +0000

it is find your part of string within 9:50:00 if it has single char in "9:.*:.*"
and append a zero to beginning its.

\(.*\) portion of full string so that `Date: Thur, 13 March `
\(\b[0-9]\) portion of full string so that `9`
\(:[^ ]*:[^ ]*.*\) portion of full string so that `50:00 +0000`

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting timestamp using sed command

Hi, I'm trying to compare Actual.html with a baseline.html However, everytime it fails b'coz of the timestamp differences between the two. So, thought of stripping off the timestamp from both the *html files before comparing using below sed command over Solaris Unix platform:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elearn.latha
3 Replies

2. Linux

SED/AWK Script to clear log file using timestamp?

I have a log file on our system which fills up with lines that have been timestamped, as follows.... 03/03/2008 10:56:06:815] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:06:820] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:07:003]... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davesimm
2 Replies

3. Linux

sed to fix view names

I have a ddl file which have lots of view in it. I want to replace all the existing views with VW_< view name> . I am prefixing VW to existing view name . For example, In old file grep on view is like this CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_MBR_PRI ( MBR_PRI_PROV_SYS_ID,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix this awk script?

i have a log file while looks like this ++ user_a blabla blabla nas_b blabla user_d this is a user_a junk line another junk line user_c nas_m blabla ++ basically most of the lines contain a "user" keywords, and the rest of the lines do not have "user" at all. So I have the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate date timestamp use awk or sed command ?

Hi, I have logfile like this : Actually the format is date format : yyyymmddHHMMSS and i want the log become this format yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS for example 2009-07-19 11:46:52 Can somebody help me ? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this awk

I have a script which will mask the 9th and 15th column in a record starting with BPR. The record looks like below before my script BPR*C*160860.04*C*ACH*CTX*01*072000326*DA*1548843*3006968523**01*071000013*DA*5529085*100323*VEN The record will be masked after my script parses this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SED to fix base64_decode attack/hack

last night our server was hit with an attack that infected every php file on the server and inserted the following code /*god_mode_on*/eval(base64_decode with a ton of other characters after. As it infected every php file i have been trying to clean it using a sed command to go through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derrickyoung95
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed finds nothing but it changes file's timestamp

I must go through some files to change a certain string within text files to another string. I use openSUSE and folders are mounted by cifs. Text to be replaced (only in .m extension) is U:\FOLDER and new string is N: That works fine with spaces in directory names etc., but this process ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pappa41
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with Timestamp

Hi, I would like to replace a "." with timestamp. Constraint : I am making use of an existing shell script(called by a C program ) which reads the sed command from a properties file.I cant use/pass variables Line in C program - $(echo ${filename} | sed "$TRANSFORM" $TRANSFORM is populated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
4 Replies
ICONV_MIME_DECODE_HEADERS(3)						 1					      ICONV_MIME_DECODE_HEADERS(3)

iconv_mime_decode_headers - Decodes multiple MIMEheader fields at once

SYNOPSIS
array iconv_mime_decode_headers (string $encoded_headers, [int $mode], [string $charset = ini_get("iconv.internal_encoding")]) DESCRIPTION
Decodes multiple MIME header fields at once. PARAMETERS
o $encoded_headers - The encoded headers, as a string. o $mode -$mode determines the behaviour in the event iconv_mime_decode_headers(3) encounters a malformed MIME header field. You can spec- ify any combination of the following bitmasks. Bitmasks acceptable to iconv_mime_decode_headers(3) +------+--------------------------------------+---+ |Value | | | | | | | | | Constant | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | +------+--------------------------------------+---+ | 1 | | | | | | | | | ICONV_MIME_DECODE_STRICT | | | | | | | | If set, the given header is decoded | | | | in full conformance with the stan- | | | | dards defined in RFC2047. This | | | | option is disabled by default | | | | because there are a lot of broken | | | | mail user agents that don't follow | | | | the specification and don't produce | | | | correct MIME headers. | | | | | | | 2 | | | | | | | | | ICONV_MIME_DECODE_CONTINUE_ON_ERROR | | | | | | | | If set, iconv_mime_decode_head- | | | | ers(3) attempts to ignore any gram- | | | | matical errors and continue to | | | | process a given header. | | | | | | +------+--------------------------------------+---+ o $charset - The optional $charset parameter specifies the character set to represent the result by. If omitted, iconv.internal_encoding will be used. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array that holds a whole set of MIME header fields specified by $encoded_headers on success, or FALSE if an error occurs during the decoding. Each key of the return value represents an individual field name and the corresponding element represents a field value. If more than one field of the same name are present, iconv_mime_decode_headers(3) automatically incorporates them into a numerically indexed array in the order of occurrence. EXAMPLES
Example #1 iconv_mime_decode_headers(3) example <?php $headers_string = <<<EOF Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UHLDvGZ1bmcgUHLDvGZ1bmc=?= To: example@example.com Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000 Message-Id: <example@example.com> Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by localhost with SMTP id example for <example@example.com>; Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC) (envelope-from example-return-0000-example=example.com@example.com) Received: (qmail 0 invoked by uid 65534); 1 Thu 2003 00:00:00 +0000 EOF; $headers = iconv_mime_decode_headers($headers_string, 0, "ISO-8859-1"); print_r($headers); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [Subject] => Prufung Prufung [To] => example@example.com [Date] => Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000 [Message-Id] => <example@example.com> [Received] => Array ( [0] => from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by localhost with SMTP id example for <example@example.com>; Thu, 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC) (envelope-from example-return-0000-example=example.com@example.com) [1] => (qmail 0 invoked by uid 65534); 1 Thu 2003 00:00:00 +0000 ) ) SEE ALSO
iconv_mime_decode(3), mb_decode_mimeheader(3), imap_mime_header_decode(3), imap_base64(3), imap_qprint(3). PHP Documentation Group ICONV_MIME_DECODE_HEADERS(3)