Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fix timestamp with Sed or Awk Post 302522779 by bartus11 on Monday 16th of May 2011 02:54:00 PM
Old 05-16-2011
It is matching any string in form of "*:**:**", where stars are digits, and it is putting 0 in front of it. \b (word border) at the beginning of the match makes sure that only single digit number in first position is matched.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting timestamp using sed command

Hi, I'm trying to compare Actual.html with a baseline.html However, everytime it fails b'coz of the timestamp differences between the two. So, thought of stripping off the timestamp from both the *html files before comparing using below sed command over Solaris Unix platform:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elearn.latha
3 Replies

2. Linux

SED/AWK Script to clear log file using timestamp?

I have a log file on our system which fills up with lines that have been timestamped, as follows.... 03/03/2008 10:56:06:815] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:06:820] (ERROR) balance: continuing session to genapp02 : 18500 03/03/2008 10:56:07:003]... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davesimm
2 Replies

3. Linux

sed to fix view names

I have a ddl file which have lots of view in it. I want to replace all the existing views with VW_< view name> . I am prefixing VW to existing view name . For example, In old file grep on view is like this CREATE VIEW OPSDM001.PROVIDER_MBR_PRI ( MBR_PRI_PROV_SYS_ID,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix this awk script?

i have a log file while looks like this ++ user_a blabla blabla nas_b blabla user_d this is a user_a junk line another junk line user_c nas_m blabla ++ basically most of the lines contain a "user" keywords, and the rest of the lines do not have "user" at all. So I have the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate date timestamp use awk or sed command ?

Hi, I have logfile like this : Actually the format is date format : yyyymmddHHMMSS and i want the log become this format yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS for example 2009-07-19 11:46:52 Can somebody help me ? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this awk

I have a script which will mask the 9th and 15th column in a record starting with BPR. The record looks like below before my script BPR*C*160860.04*C*ACH*CTX*01*072000326*DA*1548843*3006968523**01*071000013*DA*5529085*100323*VEN The record will be masked after my script parses this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SED to fix base64_decode attack/hack

last night our server was hit with an attack that infected every php file on the server and inserted the following code /*god_mode_on*/eval(base64_decode with a ton of other characters after. As it infected every php file i have been trying to clean it using a sed command to go through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derrickyoung95
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed finds nothing but it changes file's timestamp

I must go through some files to change a certain string within text files to another string. I use openSUSE and folders are mounted by cifs. Text to be replaced (only in .m extension) is U:\FOLDER and new string is N: That works fine with spaces in directory names etc., but this process ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pappa41
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with Timestamp

Hi, I would like to replace a "." with timestamp. Constraint : I am making use of an existing shell script(called by a C program ) which reads the sed command from a properties file.I cant use/pass variables Line in C program - $(echo ${filename} | sed "$TRANSFORM" $TRANSFORM is populated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
4 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)