Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compare current time with the input to variant? Post 302522713 by axn_boy on Monday 16th of May 2011 11:15:49 AM
Old 05-16-2011
How to compare current time with the input to variant?

Hi all,
I have a simple script follow:
-------------
#!/bin/bash
echo -n " Enter the date of today: "
read dateoftoday
-------------

Now I want to compare the variant $dateoftoday with date of the system (now) in order to prevent user inputs the past date to $dateoftoday. I want to make sure that $dateoftoday >= current date.

Pls help me to complete the script above with that above idea.

Thank you so much.
AXNB.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare latest logfile with the current running time of the script

how can i compare the latest log file with the current time.. consider i am running a script "a.sh" at 09:00 ( function of the script a.sh is to update the database ) this script is going to create logfile if the script is sucess in case of failure it is not going to create logfile.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the mtime of a file with the current time?

Hi, I wondered if we could do this with shell script? How to compare the mtime of a file with the current time and check whether its less than 24 hours. Thanks.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare current time to timestamp on a file

I'm trying to compare 2 dates between current time and the timestamp on a file. The date format is mmdd Both return Apr 1 but when using if statement line 11: Apr 1: command not found error is returned #!/bin/sh log="DateLog" Current_Date=`date +%b%e` Filepmdate=`ls -l /file.txt |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cillmor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Compare previous value with current.

Hi, I have one small doubt how to go ahead and process the below requirement. File Content 1,abc,10 2,xyz,11 3,pqr,12 4,pqr,13 5,pqr,14 Output file expected: 1,mnq,1 1,ddd,2 1,qqq,3 1,sss,4 1,ddd,5 1,eee,6 1,fff,7 1,ddr,8 1,rrd,9 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dikesm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the time exactly 24hrs from the current time

Hi guys, I am having file which contains below data. 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare between current and next line and print

Dear All I want below to compare two Consecutive line(i.e. current and next line). Based in that i need OP. Below is the IP file in that in i find "M" and if in next line i find "*" then i need both line in single line. If i dont find "*" in next line then i need to put commend "DOWN" . I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If no input then set directory to current

Hi GUys I have a script where i am counting the number of files that the user has read permissions to in a folder . They are asked for this folder at the start if they dont enter anything then i want to be able to do the search on the current directory, can you help me with that part please... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybananas
25 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)