Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: monitoring script
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat monitoring script Post 302522665 by ygemici on Monday 16th of May 2011 09:11:05 AM
Old 05-16-2011
Code:
limit=2000000 #KB 
used=$(free -k|sed -n '2p'|awk {'print $3'} ) ; cached=$(free -k|sed -n '2p'|awk {'print $7'})
  if [ $used -ge $limit ]; then
   echo -e "Used Memory space reached amount to \"$used KB used \" with '$cached KB cached' \nhost '$(hostname)' \
---> $(date +%F__%H:%M:%S) "|mail -s "Used Memory Space Control $hostname" yourmail@domain ; fi

This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring script

hi can someone help me to write a script to monitor the growth of the directory running at 5 hours interval and then pipe it to a file :(? i only know the manual command "du -sk" and the worst i dun know anything about script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitoring script

i have a unix batch written in c, dealing with really time-consuming database operations i want to write a ksh script to monitor its performance. which items i should monitor? do you have any suggestions? 1)cputime 2)swap area 3)pmem 4) 5) what else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Monitoring Script

Hi, I want to write a script that will monitor cpu,mem usage and disk usage for entire day and data will be redirected to file, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Monitoring Script

Dear All, I am new to Shell Programming, but I need a script which will monitor the different IP's in the live logs. Condition:- The script will monitor the logs continously and should print only those IP's which exists more than 3 times per day. Please do help me. Thanks and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archivelog monitoring Script

Could anyone please help? I have written a small program that's actually working fine for me and extracting all the details I required. What code does is, it goes to all archivelog directories and see if archivelog backup was failed or successful <<CODE>> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Monitoring script

Hi Gurus, Currently I am learning UNIX through online forums and unix blogs. I have the below requirement. I need to write a script to monitor server processes. For example, there are 3 processes currently running on the server.(java, pmrepagent, pmserver). If any of the process goes down,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script

Hi, I want to write script that monitors particular ports in a server. I completed the script but.... If the server is restarted i need manually start the script.. Is there any way i can make the script start by it self after the server reboot........ Thanks, Firestar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script which will grep for error codes in a file and if the count for the same is about 500 it will send and smpp alert. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #########################################################################################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a monitoring script

I currently have a shellscript to check the size of a filesystem and email me if the size is over a certain percentage (80%). I have this script on crontab and executes the shell every 10 mins. I have the above in place on 8 servers. It so happens that a file system on one of the servers is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goddevil
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)