Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T2000 Alom Upgrade
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support T2000 Alom Upgrade Post 302522641 by hergp on Monday 16th of May 2011 07:49:20 AM
Old 05-16-2011
Did you make sure, that the keyswitch is not in the "locked" position?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

escape from alom

No, its not a movie, its a command to get you from the sc> ALOM prompt back to the console or ok prompt. You must log into the ALOM, then to jump back to the console enter "console -f". Problem is that this leaves you logged in on the ALOM. Question: is there an escape key sequence to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to connect to alom

Hello Guys, I am working with sunfire V480 and wants to know how to connect to alom. Can you please guide? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
7 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 ALOM reset to OBP

Every time I would try to send a break to my T2000 I would get this Debugging requested; hardware watchdog suspended. c)ontinue, s)ync, r)eset? I couldn't get into OBP. Here's what I found to do... sc> bootmode Bootmode: normal sc> bootmode reset_nvram sc> bootmode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediis
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT

Hi Everyone. What is the differece b/n ALOM and ALOM CMT Service processor. I am trying reset ALOM login/passwd using scadm utility on T2000, while I am googling I came cross ALOM CMT doesnt support scadm utility, but ALOM supports. Not sure how different are these. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Resetting ALOM

Hi gurus, I have a sun netra 240 server. I want to get to the ALOM but it always ask for login and password. Can anyone tell me how I can reset the ALOM it to default so I can be able to configure it? Thanks lots. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM - Console -

Hello forum, I have a SUN v250 at home that I have to practice Solaris. I currently have Solaris 9 installed and the ALOM Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager 1.5.2. From the ALOM I want to access the console. sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. after that there is no response.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
19 Replies

7. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Alom

Hi, How to set ip address on eth0 for access ssh from ALOM? Is it possible? Now i cannot access it because don't have VGA. I keep try to access using ssh. Please guide me. Thanks. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
16 Replies

9. Hardware

Alom ?

Hi all, I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server. We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proof_enrique
8 Replies
Jifty::Manual::Upgrading(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Jifty::Manual::Upgrading(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Manual::Upgrading - How-to change your application database over time DESCRIPTION Jifty provides a way for you to upgrade the database schema and data of your application between versions. If all you are doing is adding new models or columns to existing models Jifty will do the upgrade almost automatically. If more extensive changes are required you need to write some code to tell Jifty what to do. TERMINOLOGY
Be sure you know the following terms before reading this document: o "schema" in Jifty::Manual::Glossary o "schema version" in Jifty::Manual::Glossary o "database version" in Jifty::Manual::Glossary HOW TO
General Instructions For all of these actions, the the database version stored in your Jifty configuration is significant. See the value stored in etc/config.yml at: framework: Database: Version: 0.0.1 Make all your code changes using the version number you are going to use. Once you have finished updating your code and are ready to test, bump the version stored in etc/config.yml to match the new version you are going to use. If you are writing tests as you go (shame on you if you aren't!), you should be able to run: perl Makefile.PL make make test to test the latest version and check for problems. Once you are sure you've worked out the kinds, you may perform the actual upgrade by running: bin/jifty schema --setup This will take care of the work of adding any new columns and models, dropping old columns, and running any upgrade scripts you have scheduled. Basic column and model operations Adding a new model Create your model just as you normally would: bin/jifty model --name MyModel Then, you need to tell Jifty at which version of your application the model was created. To do this add a since sub to your new model class. sub since { '0.0.5' } Adding a new column to an existing model When you have an existing model and decide that you need to add another column to it you also need to tell Jifty about this. This is done by using "since" as well. However, the "since" goes into the column definition itself. column created_by => refers_to Wifty::Model::User, since '0.0.20'; Dropping a column from a model CAUTION: Be aware that all the data that was stored in this column will be destroyed at upgrade if you follow this procedure. If you no longer need a particular column in your model, you can have it dropped by setting the "till" property on your column definition. column extra_info type is 'text', label is 'Extra info', till '0.0.13'; The version you use for "till" is the version the drop is effective. In the example above, the "extra_info" column will be available in version 0.0.12, but not in version 0.0.13. This column will be dropped from the schema at the next upgrade, which will destroy all data stored in that column. TODO Dropping a model Data migration and schema changes If a file called Upgrade.pm exists in your application it will be run by "jifty schema --setup". Upgrade.pm can be used to make any schema changes or to manipulate your applications data. At the very least your Upgrade.pm should contain the following: package MyApp::Upgrade; use base qw(Jifty::Upgrade); use Jifty::Upgrade qw( since rename ); since '0.6.1' => sub { .... }; The "since" function is where you do all the work. Each "since" will be run in version order until the application is up to date. Renaming a column To rename a column, you need to make sure that your schema and upgrade script both cooperate in the process. Your schema will record changes to your model API and the upgrade script will tell Jifty about the rename. The old column name needs to marked with "till" to notify Jifty that the column name no longer exists. The new column name needs to marked with "since" to notify Jifty that a column by the new name exists. Here we are renaming "zip" to "postcode": column zip => type is 'text', label is 'ZIP code', till '0.6.1'; column postcode => type is 'text', label is 'Postal code', since '0.6.1'; Notice that both "since" and "till" have the same version number set. This is the version number the change will take place. Before you upgrade, though, you must tell Jifty that a rename is happening here, which is done in your upgrade script: use MyApp::Upgrade; use base qw(Jifty::Upgrade); use Jifty::Upgrade qw( since rename ); since '0.6.1' => sub { rename( table => 'MyApp::Model::User', column => 'zip', to => 'postcode' ); }; Migrating data You can perform any action you want inside the "since" blocks of your upgrade script. In the case of data migration, you might want to convert your data from one form to another. For example, let's say our users always gave us "first_name" and "last_name" before, but we've added a new column "display_name" which will normally contain their name in "last, first" format, but could be customized per-account. We want to go ahead and initialize this new column during the upgrade. In your upgrade script, you could add: since '0.2.4' => sub { my $users = MyApp::Model::UserCollection->new( current_user => Jifty->app_class('CurrentUser')->superuser ); $users->unlimit; while (my $user = $users->next) { # error checks may save you from hours of debugging my ($status, $msg) = $user->set_display_name( join(', ', $user->last_name, $user->first_name) ); Jifty->log->error("Couldn't change user record: $msg") unless $status; } }; Note that collection created using super user to pass ACL checks and other restrictions, if your models are protected from super user then you may have problems. See also Jifty::Manual::AccessControl. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Upgrade, Jifty::Script::Schema, Jifty::Manual::Models, Jifty::Manual::Tutorial, Jifty::Manual::Glossary perl v5.14.2 2010-09-25 Jifty::Manual::Upgrading(3pm)