Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302522587 by ningy on Monday 16th of May 2011 01:46:19 AM
Old 05-16-2011
Primary
Solaris Sys Admin
Legato Networker Backup admin

Now slowly started storage work EMC clarion and Sun storedge.

I do shell scripting as my hobby..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Sys::Virt::NodeDevice(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Sys::Virt::NodeDevice(3)

NAME
Sys::Virt::NodeDevice - Represent & manage a libvirt storage pool DESCRIPTION
The "Sys::Virt::NodeDevice" module represents a storage pool managed by libvirt. There are a variety of storage pool implementations for LVM, Local directories/filesystems, network filesystems, disk partitioning, iSCSI, and SCSI. METHODS
my $name = $dev->get_name() Returns a string with a locally unique name of the device my $parentname = $dev->get_parent() Returns a string with a locally unique name of the parent of the device, or undef if there is no parent my $xml = $dev->get_xml_description() Returns an XML document containing a complete description of the storage dev's configuration $dev->reattach() Rebind the node device to the host OS device drivers. $dev->dettach() Unbind the node device from the host OS device driver $dev->reset() Reset the node device. The device must be unbound from the host OS drivers for this to work $dev->destroy() Destroy the virtual device releasing any OS resources associated with it. my @caps = $dev->list_capabilities() Return a list of all capabilities in the device. CONSTANTS
This section documents constants that are used with various APIs described above LIST FILTERING The following constants are used to filter object lists Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_NET Include devices with the network capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_PCI_DEV Include devices with the PCI device capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_SCSI Include devices with the SCSI capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_SCSI_HOST Include devices with the SCSI host capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_SCSI_TARGET Include devices with the SCSI target capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_STORAGE Include devices with the storage capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_SYSTEM Include devices with the system capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_USB_DEV Include devices with the USB device capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_USB_INTERFACE Include devices with the USB interface capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_FC_HOST Include devices with the fibre channel host capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_VPORTS Include devices with the NPIV vport capability Sys::Virt::NodeDevice::LIST_CAP_SCSI_GENERIC Include devices with the SCSI generic capability AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Red Hat Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Daniel P. Berrange LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (either version 2 of the License, or at your option any later version), or, the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Sys::Virt, Sys::Virt::Error, "http://libvirt.org" perl v5.16.3 2013-07-30 Sys::Virt::NodeDevice(3)